Likes Likes:  279
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Monday - 11 February 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Likewise. Sorry I had to run but putting away the groceries took precedence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, I feel so special

3. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    After being lost by UPS for most of Friday this finally came this morning. I have a GS again in the collection.
    Congratulations. I know the dial is the main event but I can't name a watch with better machining or internals either. 100m WR too. That's probably good enough to withstand anything I throw at it. How's the bracelet?

Super late post on a very busy Monday!

Monaco today, again.

Cheers,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    Congratulations. I know the dial is the main event but I can't name a watch with better machining or internals either. 100m WR too. That's probably good enough to withstand anything I throw at it. How's the bracelet?
    The bracelet is good and reasonably low profile compared to the GS divers I had. Sadly Seiko continues to use the floating pin for the links retained by a micro screw on each side. This is better than the pin and collar system, but still a bit too flexy compared to say the screw system in a Rolex(which the pin is three times thicker than the GS pin). This one comes with two additional straps (Navy blue and brown croc) and a GS deployant. The brown strap actually has blue stitching that matches the dial. The sharp finish on the hands and indexes is quite impressive and carries on the case edges. This is one of the more technically complex case, hands, and dial setups I've ever owned. The sharpness IMO makes it more sporty than purely dressy. Add that it is Spring Drive which is possibly one of the most technically complex (in a good way) movements made with tech that actually is measurably better. I thought that the dial might be a bit too feminine, but on the wrist, I do not feel it is. Balance is very good on the wrist and I'm happy to see GS includes links to size up to 8" wrists where Rolex lately send out watches that can only size up to 7.5". Thus ends my one paragraph mini review.
    Last edited by Samanator; Feb 12, 2019 at 05:17 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

7. Likes mlcor, yokied liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchNut22 View Post

Vintage Zodiac Sea Wolf.

Humbly Conquering the World, One Watch at a Time!

Horologically Yours,

Rick

I love those old Sea Wolfs.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Thus ends my one paragraph mini review.
    Thanks Michael. They have pulled clear of Rolex in at least two significant areas. I'll be more than a little torn between this and the Milgauss z-blue for a while. I'd love to see more of your thoughts and pics of this one in WRUW.
    Last edited by yokied; Feb 13, 2019 at 10:10 AM.