Likes Likes:  29
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does this look utterly horrible?

Blog Entries

Does this look utterly horrible?

Or will no one notice?

Basically, this Friday I'm wearing a suit with brown shoes and a brown belt, and I would like the leathers to match (although I could wear the bracelet). But, I found that this is my first keeper with 22mm lugs that I've wanted to put on leather. And I think it works with both black and brown straps. But I don't have any 22mm leather straps. I mean not one. Not no good ones. None at all.

I could shoehorn a 24mm strap (same one, just 24), but I never felt over width straps were very secure.

Or should I just stick with the bracelet? Or perhaps wear another watch? I know it's been a few months, but I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the B-1, and it's pretty much the only watch I've worn since buying it.

I could wear my Speedmaster, since that bracelet is more comfortable than the B-1 (not to mention much dressier). But it's a drinking occasion, and I generally don't like to wear plexiglass crystals at drinking occasions.

2. Likes germy, JAGtime, I-B liked this post
    That's a dilema.. i personally won't care if no one notice, the problem is 'I' would always notice =)
    if it doesnt bother you, go ahead and enjoy the combo.. but if it make you dont fully confident wearing it, well, you can always wear your other watch until you get a suitable 22mm strap =)
    goodluck!

1. No one will notice
    2. The leather strap - @ the right size - would look good.
    Last edited by CFR; Apr 8, 2015 at 12:55 AM.

5. Likes iyonk, JAGtime, Nokie liked this post
    Blog Entries
    It doesn't look too good.

Huh, wot???

You're going out drinking and can't decide whether to wear your watch with an oversized strap, or stick with the bracelet..."Or perhaps wear another watch"???

Maybe you should do a test run at home, have a couple or more and then decide. If it helps, invite me over, I'll join you in a few drinks and I'm sure together we'll come up with the right answer.

8. Likes Hayseed Brown, shemp liked this post
    It's not that bad. I can almost guarantee no one will notice. The real question is, can you live with it?

10. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Back on the bracelet, I say.

Iyonks creative juices are flowing....

12. Likes iyonk, JAGtime liked this post
    Only someone staring at it would notice and, I think its close enough for government work!
    Omega Speedmaster Ed White

Omega PO Chrono 45
    Rolex DSSD
    Seiko Pogue gold
    Deep Blue diver
    Zodiac oceanaire
    many Citizen and Seiko from the years.

14. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Col Angus View Post
    Huh, wot???

You're going out drinking and can't decide whether to wear your watch with an oversized strap, or stick with the bracelet..."Or perhaps wear another watch"???

Maybe you should do a test run at home, have a couple or more and then decide. If it helps, invite me over, I'll join you in a few drinks and I'm sure together we'll come up with the right answer.
    Well, it's the big law school ball, not just a regular night out.

Anyway, I put it back on the bracelet. Bracelet is a little tight, but it works.

16. Likes Col Angus liked this post
    It looks terrible, beyond salvaging. Everyone will notice, and laugh at you, you will be subjected to unspeakable ridicule. So, just send it to me, and I will take care of the problem myself, you'll never have to worry about being humiliated in public about it again.

P.S. No one but you would notice...

18. Likes I-B, JAGtime, Raza, Nokie, shemp, vinylgreek liked this post