I don’t want to sound too hyperbolic, but Baselworld 2019 will be make or break. The once grand fair has been navigating turbulent waters for a while now, and last year’s mass exodus by Swatch Group brands ripped a hole in the hull that almost sunk it. This year’s fair will be smaller again, and whether or not the organising body has done enough to keep remaining exhibitors happy remains to be seen. It will also be an interesting year for watch releases. Brands are increasingly favouring a drip-feed of digital drops rather than the Baselworld grand reveal, and we’re also seeing a focus on safe, commercial releases. So, interesting times ahead. With that in mind, here are three things I’m expecting to see, and three things I’m hoping to see at Baselworld 2019, in a few short weeks. Expect to see: More Nanograph action from TAG Heuer Seeing the Nanograph Tourbillon in Geneva in January was one of my highlights. It’s a genuinely cool innovation, and an exciting alternative to silicon. I’m not sure if they’ll be ready (yet) to announce more models packing the tech, but I certainly hope so. Expect to see: More smaller sizes Diameters are…

The post LIST: 6 things I want (and hope) to see at Baselworld 2019 appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...