Likes Likes:  75
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000th post! Need some ideas!

Cool 1000th post! Need some ideas!

So...1000 posts of white noise and meaningless drivel, and here we are! As most of you can infer, I have a rather tiny brain. I mean...there's really only two functioning cells in there, and one of those is on vacation. So help a gal out here: I need some ideas for a 1000th post Celebration Giveaway.

We have some time. I-B has a current giveaway in progress, and I don't want to interfere with that. But I can't seem to come up with a cracking idea for a giveaway of my own. I have at least 10 watches to give out; a mix of mechanical and quartz, analog and digital. But how to do it? A quiz? On what? I can't really do a "what watch am I going to buy next" thingy, because *I* don't even know the answer to that! Help!

Thanks!
    ~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Congratulations (I think), Sherry

Generous idea to give back to this community Here is a recipe / idea:

1. Show all 10 or so watches that can be included in the give-away.
    2. Ask participants to pick their favorite three. One entry per person only and order is important.
    3. Let this run for a given time (you can be "creative" here too),
    4. Count the votes
    5. Top 3 goes; for each piece, draw names from the people who had listed that one as their favorite.
    6. Repeat (starting at step 1) when you reach 2,000 posts
    IWL member 90

3. Likes popoki nui, iyonk, Nutty28 liked this post
    Good suggestion, thanks. I'll consider it.

~S.

Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    Congratulations (I think), Sherry

Generous idea to give back to this community Here is a recipe / idea:

1. Show all 10 or so watches that can be included in the give-away.
    2. Ask participants to pick their favorite three. One entry per person only and order is important.
    3. Let this run for a given time (you can be "creative" here too),
    4. Count the votes
    5. Top 3 goes; for each piece, draw names from the people who had listed that one as their favorite.
    6. Repeat (starting at step 1) when you reach 2,000 posts
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

5. Likes MHe225 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    So...1000 posts of white noise and meaningless drivel, and here we are! As most of you can infer, I have a rather tiny brain. I mean...there's really only two functioning cells in there, and one of those is on vacation. So help a gal out here: I need some ideas for a 1000th post Celebration Giveaway.

We have some time. I-B has a current giveaway in progress, and I don't want to interfere with that. But I can't seem to come up with a cracking idea for a giveaway of my own. I have at least 10 watches to give out; a mix of mechanical and quartz, analog and digital. But how to do it? A quiz? On what? I can't really do a "what watch am I going to buy next" thingy, because *I* don't even know the answer to that! Help!

Thanks!
    ~Sherry.
    well I would go the lazy route send them all to one of the mods which ever lives the closest..... as the next few months photo comp winners prizes then it can last for 10 months then... the good will would be more and it would help the comp have more of a impact every one loves a chance to win a prize .. they may even call it the popoki prize haha got a certain ring to it don't it
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

7. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well I would go the lazy route send them all to one of the mods which ever lives the closest..... as the next few months photo comp winners prizes then it can last for 10 months then... the good will would be more and it would help the comp have more of a impact every one loves a chance to win a prize .. they may even call it the popoki prize haha got a certain ring to it don't it
    How about you have participants write a paragraph or so on a watch related topic e.g.

- which watch do you feel is the best ever and a brief explanation of why you feel this?

You could then just judge the entries and perhaps have a real life (non WIS) help you with the process. then pick the top 3, choose another 2 topics down the line and pick another 3 from each of those, then poll the top 1 from each of the catergories and have the members vote for the overall winner and last watch?

9. Likes is that my watch, Domo, popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperami View Post
    How about you have participants write a paragraph or so on a watch related topic e.g.

- which watch do you feel is the best ever and a brief explanation of why you feel this?

You could then just judge the entries and perhaps have a real life (non WIS) help you with the process. then pick the top 3, choose another 2 topics down the line and pick another 3 from each of those, then poll the top 1 from each of the catergories and have the members vote for the overall winner and last watch?

lol think you link in the wrong comment lol think you want popoki nui comment haha I'm not that generous haha

but you make a very interesting point thou
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

That's pretty much EXACTLY what I did on watchuseek. Got people to post a photo with the day's date showing (ie. no stock photos) and tell me why it's their favourite watch. Then I got my friends to help me pick a winner (so my biases wouldn't' interfere). Worked out really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Domo View Post
    That's pretty much EXACTLY what I did on watchuseek. Got people to post a photo with the day's date showing (ie. no stock photos) and tell me why it's their favourite watch. Then I got my friends to help me pick a winner (so my biases wouldn't' interfere). Worked out really well.
    Yes I was going to credit you with this idea but as I never won the 009 I said ..Feck him

13. Likes Domo, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    lol think you link in the wrong comment lol think you want popoki nui comment haha I'm not that generous haha

but you make a very interesting point thou
    sorry mate I'm not sure why I always feel the need to quote you

15. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    sorry mate I'm not sure why I always feel the need to quote you
    lol force of habit mate
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy