Likes Likes:  287
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Monday - 18 February 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Hybrid View

««««««««« WRUW - Monday - 18 February 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Good day, IWL.

Last time I'll wear this watch.

A friend keeps insisting on buying it from me and while I've given a few watches away, this will be the first I'll sell.

Yep, never sold a watch before and I've no intention on replacing this JLC by any other piece. Somehow, it's the beginning of a 'desconstruction' process. Others will probably share the same destiny. To be honest it's a bit of a weird feeling. But me and my wife, we don't have kids and my nieces couldn't care less for this bunch of watches. So...

Name:  P19828.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  336.9 KB

P.S.: Btw, I'll be travelling for a few days, this week. I'll take the explorer II with me, not because I need the GMT function, but because it became - somehow - my favourite "travelling" watch.

Name:  P78736.JPG
Views: 160
Size:  340.4 KB

Have a great week ahead!
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 18, 2019 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Good day, IWL.

Last time I'll wear this watch.

A friend keeps insisting on buying it from me and while I've given a few away, this will be the first watch I'll sell.

Yep, never sold a watch before and I've no intention on replacing this JLC by any other piece. Somehow, it's the beginning of a 'desconstruction' process. Others will probably share the same destiny. To be honest it's a bit of a weird feeling.

Name:  P19828.JPG
Views: 144
Size:  336.9 KB

Have a great week ahead!
    An absolutely stunning JLC C!!! Stunningly gorgeous really!

Hmmm...with your "deconstruction" wording, it sounds like you're saying you are migrating out of the watch collecting realm. Or, maybe, just a consolidation phase???

Hopefully the latter for sure, but not sure why you would be letting that beauty go, except for the joy of seeing your friend really enjoy the one they've been hounding you for! (I suppose this all makes sense after all!
    )
    Cheers,

Chris

3. Likes CFR, G07, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    An absolutely stunning JLC C!!! Stunningly gorgeous really!

Hmmm...with your "deconstruction" wording, it sounds like you're saying you are migrating out of the watch collecting realm. Or, maybe, just a consolidation phase???

Hopefully the latter for sure, but not sure why you would be letting that beauty go, except for the joy of seeing your friend really enjoy the one they've been hounding you for! (I suppose this all makes sense after all!
    )
    You're right on both accounts, Chris. 1. After decades, I am indeed migrating out of the watch collection realm - it helps to understand why I decided on the Longines giveaway. 2. I'll be happy to give a good friend the opportunity to enjoy the watch and for that reason, I'm selling this JLC for a considerable lower price than the cheapest equivalent on Chrono24.
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 18, 2019 at 02:38 AM.

5. Likes stew77, geoffbot, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    You're right on both accounts, Chris. 1. After decades, I am indeed migrating out of the watch collection realm - it helps to understand why I decided on the Longines giveaway. 2. I'll be happy to give a good friend the opportunity to enjoy the watch and for that reason, I'm selling this JLC for a considerable lower price than the cheapest equivalent on Chrono24.
    I actually understand where you are coming from C (especially given your recent Longines giveaway). No doubt you will be blessed for being a blessing.

I've been pondering my collection lately, and I'm definitely realizing a consolidation is in order...maybe a different phase, as I realize I'd like to add a few specific pieces while letting a bunch of them go to those that will give them the wrist time they deserve....
    Cheers,

Chris

7. Likes CFR, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Well, I really hope we don’t lose you as you “deconstruct.” You make a lot of contributions here. As @Geoffbot demonstrates, you don’t need a collection to hang out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Well, I really hope we don’t lose you as you “deconstruct.” You make a lot of contributions here. As @Geoffbot demonstrates, you don’t need a collection to hang out here.

Of course. Anyway, the "deconstruction" process will take its time and I didn't start hating watches - that would be wrong!

Of course. Anyway, the "deconstruction" process will take its time and I didn't start hating watches - that would be wrong!
    Glad to hear it!

11. Likes watchdaddy1, CFR liked this post
    I know the feeling as I'm probably in the same boat as you. I eventually will do the same and may retire from these forums for good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

13. Likes watchdaddy1, CFR liked this post
    Good morning all,

Name:  4493C3CC-305B-4115-92D7-16C1A7C8EE88.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  65.3 KB

Repeat today.
    I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

Old school today and at work earlier than usual.