For today’s review of Seiko’s Shippo Enamel watches (SPB073 and SPB075 to be precise), we’re doing something a little different, because, as it happens, two of the T+T team, Sandra and Justin, happen to own one of each. So, over to them on the how, the why and what they’re like on the wrist … First encounters Sandra: It started with Cocktail Time – no, not the Happy Hour when you sit around enjoying fancy drinks, but Seiko’s watch collection of that name. They had me at the dials – the beautiful texture, the gorgeous colours. Not to mention Seiko’s fantastic value-for-money proposition. But. Big but – the watch is large, my wrist is tiny. End of story. But this year, the 33mm version arrived. Perfect fit but none of ‘my’ colours. It had to be blue or green. Meanwhile, here at Time+Tide, my colleague Cameron had written about a limited-edition Presage with a blue Shippo enamel dial. It looked nice – really nice. But no, I was fixated on the non-existent blue-dial 33mm Cocktail Time. Surely Seiko would do it eventually? I would wait. Justin:*My fascination with Seiko’s enamel Presage pieces goes back a few years to 2016. If…

The post HANDS-ON: A tale of two Seiko Shippo Enamel watches appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...