So, after I bought my Vacheron from Jomashop, I received an email about a free gift card, and I got a code in a follow up email for a $500 gift card. Cool! I'm not looking for another watch right now, but I could use some more winders. So I go to the website, put some in the shopping cart, enter the gift card code...doesn't work. I try a couple more times, no dice. So I sent them a message via the website form, but a couple of days passed and I didn't get a response.

I then called them, and after some time on hold (good system, keeps you pretty accurately updated on how long it will take), I talked to someone and he placed the order manually (never got an explanation why it didn't work), no problem. Should have the winders in a week or so.

Here's the funny part--today I got the following answer to my inquiry as to why the gift card code didn't work:

"Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. You are correct there is a typographical error and the dial is white with a brown band.
I have informed the appropriate department and they will be correcting it shortly.

Thank you."

Awesome, huh? I suppose somewhere in the world there's someone who got a completely non sequitur answer about gift codes to their question about a watch dial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk