Likes Likes:  27
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK, I think this is pretty funny...

Vacheron from Joma? Ballsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Vacheron from Joma? Ballsy.

I bought a fairly pricey and hard to find JLC from them last year, also with no problems. The movement in the VC is very reliable and simple, seemed like low risk. Worst case, if something had been wrong, I could send it to VC, have them repair it for $1000 and still come out several thousand ahead. As it turns out, papers from the AD (stamped) were actually included, if something had been wrong and I hadn't wanted to try Jomashop's warranty. All in all a reasonable gamble, I felt. Certainly the watch was in new, perfect condition.

3. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I bought a fairly pricey and hard to find JLC from them last year, also with no problems. The movement in the VC is very reliable and simple, seemed like low risk. Worst case, if something had been wrong, I could send it to VC, have them repair it for $1000 and still come out several thousand ahead. As it turns out, papers from the AD (stamped) were actually included, if something had been wrong and I hadn't wanted to try Jomashop's warranty. All in all a reasonable gamble, I felt. Certainly the watch was in new, perfect condition.

That stamped AD paper is a better bonus than the $500 gift card haha

Current and Collection:
    Rolex Submariner No-Date Ceramic, Rolex GMT Master II Ceramic, Rolex Datejust, Rolex Datejust II, Rolex Milgauss ZBlue, Omega Speedmaster Pro, Tudor Hydonaut, Tudor Blackbay, Tudor Pelagos

5. Likes mlcor, Chase, Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    That stamped AD paper is a better bonus than the $500 gift card haha

No doubt.

I've only bought one watch from them and had a fair bit of back and forth after the fact to get a manual and unsigned factory warranty card. Wanted to at least have those pieces for down the road even though I have no intention of selling it. Famous last words, I know.

I didn't know they carried Vacheron though. Sounds like s great deal, even if you did have to pay up for a repair or two on your own at some point.

7. Likes mlcor liked this post

OK, I think this is pretty funny...

An email exchange between me and Panerai boutique Tokyo (as I happen to be in Tokyo for holiday) reminds me of this thread...

So recently my mom just got another SE Pam from 10+ years ago in 40mm,apparently one of the screw is not in a good condition,so I sent an email to the boutique asking for the screw

Their first reply was:

Sorry,we don't have any 40mm panerai (I clearly stated that I need just the screw on my first email)

Then I replied again that I need just the screw,not the watch...

They replied again that the lug pin may need to be serviced (older models has no lug pins)

Kinda messed up since they only sell a single brand

Visited the boutique today and they have almost all the ceramic models including the Tourbillion and the tourbillion pocket watch...yet no screw,how [edited] up is that??
    Last edited by tribe125; Apr 11, 2015 at 10:54 PM. Reason: language