Likes Likes:  29
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hamilton Khaki White Dial Field Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Based on this the general view of what is a field watch and what is not is much broader than what's being discussed. I would have never included the Omega Railmaster. Interesting the Tudor is on there.

But that’s Gear Patrol. Watch forums would be a little stricter. The MWR forum would be very much stricter.

2. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    But that’s Gear Patrol. Watch forums would be a little stricter. The MWR forum would be very much stricter.

Some nice watches in the article, very few are field watches.

One of my pet peeves in a lot of these watch articles, they only list the watch case diameter. Most of the reviews I read have the watches in hand. Get out the calipers and give us all the dimensions. For my use, thickness is the most important, then L2L and diameter are about equally important.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Some nice watches in the article, very few are field watches.

One of my pet peeves in a lot of these watch articles, they only list the watch case diameter. Most of the reviews I read have the watches in hand. Get out the calipers and give us all the dimensions. For my use, thickness is the most important, then L2L and diameter are about equally important.
    To be fair, Gear Patrol isn't really a watch site. They probably just grabbed the widths from the manufacturers' websites.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    To be fair, Gear Patrol isn't really a watch site. They probably just grabbed the widths from the manufacturers' websites.

Agreed, and they just used stock photos there, so they didn't even have the watches. But W&W, Hodinkee, et al, frequently review watches without providing all the dimensions.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    Agreed, and they just used stock photos there, so they didn't even have the watches. But W&W, Hodinkee, et al, frequently review watches without providing all the dimensions.
    Yeah, that's true. And I agree with you. That annoys the shit out of me. You have the watches in hand. I want width, lug to lug, lug width, and thickness.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

7. Likes litlmn liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yeah, that's true. And I agree with you. That annoys the shit out of me. You have the watches in hand. I want width, lug to lug, lug width, and thickness.

Since a lot of manufacturers don't publish all dimensions, maybe they don't for fear of alienating buyers before they see the watch in the flesh (at an AD or whatever)? Especially chronographs, which are usually comically thick.