Likes Likes:  211
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Once in a lifetime? (very picture heavy)

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Ah, the movement:

Attachment 83676
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

2. Likes mlcor, Samanator liked this post
    Damn your on fire. I've seen the Credor in real life and it's a stunner. Huge Congrats!!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

4. Likes mlcor, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quite beautiful watch

6. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Never saw one in person, but I guess not many people has. The dial, the movement - I like te idea of a manual wind spring drive - the case, everything looks just perfect. And while I still have some reservations about most GS watches, I have none when it comes to that Cedor - that piece seems to come from another world.

Probably one of the most refined pieces money can buy. Huge congrats, mlcor.

P.S.: Just a small detail: apparently, Seiko did send a group of watchmakers to learn how to finish a movement - particularly the polishing process - with M. Dufour and they took with them a sample of the wood sticks he uses on his movements. I can't remember how long took Seiko to find a perfect replacement from a specific tree the University of Tokyo was studying and sent back some of those new wood sticks to M. Dufour. I don't know if this story is exactly true, but I believe it was M. Dufour who mentioned it during an interview (can't remember where, sorry) and he was actually quite happy with it.

P.P.S.: I'm afraid you'll "need" to get another AP and another PP to keep the trilogy intact. Well, actually, you don't have to. But you didn't think I was going to let it pass, did you?
    Ha ha. Actually breaking up my trilogy was one of the epiphanies I had when I decided to slim down to a much smaller number. It’s the difference between having a collection that is comprehensive vs having exactly what you want, and once I got to that philosophy, it became easier to do what I did.

I’ve heard the same story about the sticks—they started with some from Switzerland and eventually found an area in Japan with the same type of tree for a continued supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Likes FSM71, synequano, CFR, iyonk, Samanator liked this post
    You’ll need a new tux. Seriously, now THAT’S a dress watch! Extravagance in it’s exquisite simplicity. Time for a night at the (Lyric) opera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Likes mlcor, JAGtime liked this post
    Wow! I am literally speechless on this one. Absolutely amazing watch. The only watch comparable would be the Dufour Simplicity. And that is fine company indeed.

Congrats on acquiring what is one of the most incredible watches ever made!

12. Likes mlcor, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Where do I start?! So many emotions.

Rare as hens teeth. I doubt anything other than perhaps a Philipe dufour simplicity you reference would get anywhere near as much attention at a watch meet.

Manual wind spring drive movement is way cool.

Probably the most hand made watch available? - the tiny irregularities are a charm here.

Obviously an absolute sleeper - "cre-door? Creee-de?" "cree-door - it's actually a seiko". "no no wait - come back!"

Not cheap...

Personally I prefer applied indeces, and feel that your VC looked more luxurious but that's just me.

Had you bought it sans swap I'd have raised a glass and an eyebrow, but you swapped it for the below? Well, I must raise 2 eyebrows.

You’re just sulking ‘cause I let the APRO go.

Seriously, though, this brings me close to where I want to be in terms of a core collection of a dozen or so that I can then wear more often, plus another dozen ish to wear occasionally. I did love both the VC and the Patek, but enough to keep them even if I’m only going to wear them three or four times per year? Just didn’t make sense.

14. Likes geoffbot, iyonk, Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    What an amazing piece. Once in a lifetime, indeed. Thanks for the pics, hope to see more.

In the short term, how will you decide between the Credor and the recent ALS purchase?

-- Wayne
    Easy—one has a blue strap and can go with black shoes/belt, the other has a brown strap and goes with brown shoes/belt.

16. Likes happyscrappyheropup, gnuyork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Ah, the movement:

Attachment 83676

Note the flower motif, which starts with the skeletonized barrel, with the stem continuing down from it, and the "leaves" further down where the bridges separate. The finish has to be seen to be believed, in terms of the ruler flat horizontal lines, the incredible sharpness of the angles, the perfection of each countersink. Here's a few poor macro shots, maybe decent enough to give some idea.

Attachment 83677

Attachment 83678

Attachment 83679

Attachment 83680

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

18. Likes mlcor, Seriously liked this post
    Only one word necessary ... sublime!

20. Likes mlcor liked this post