Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iron Annie

And I thought 'Junkers' was bad. From the frying pan into the fire
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes Cybotron, hayday, Dimman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    And I thought 'Junkers' was bad. From the frying pan into the fire

They (Pointec) make (have made) some nice watches using some nicely finished movements.... I had two 3133 chrono's which were lovely.

You're pronouncing it JUNK-ers aren't you - tis YUNK-ers obvs

The Iron Annie is also an aircraft reference , but to name the brand that .... is just a bit bizarre to me as a previous owner..

I didn't mind Junkers as a brand , I didn't mind Iron Annie as a model name ..... but Iron Annie as a brand ????????

Sounds like they've just converted their brand to something akin the quartz stuff you find for 6 in clothes shops....
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Yes, it’s unfortunate that some have been mis-pronouncing Junkers. It’s surprising to me, but then there’s a diminishing number of people who grew up knowing about Heinkels, Junkers and Messerschmitts.

All the same, most people should know it’s German.

I’m not entirely sure I would have gone for Iron Annie...

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    They (Pointec) make (have made) some nice watches using some nicely finished movements.... I had two 3133 chrono's which were lovely.
    True. They were nicely made and reliable. However, newer pieces would make justice to the brand's name - with a "J". The new brand? Hilarious.

7. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Yes, it’s unfortunate that some have been mis-pronouncing Junkers. It’s surprising to me, but then there’s a diminishing number of people who grew up knowing about Heinkels, Junkers and Messerschmitts.

All the same, most people should know it’s German.

If you're relying on an informed public to decipher your brand name, I don't think you're going to succeed in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    I’m not entirely sure I would have gone for Iron Annie...

I feel this way, too. There was already a challenge with the Junkers name, rebranding would be the ideal time to make a less challenging brand name.

On second thoughts, Iron Annie may not be too bad. They can classify their collections under the same theme, for example: rusted annie, stainless steel annie, bronze annie, complicated annie...better stop now.
    Last edited by CFR; Feb 25, 2019 at 06:39 PM.

10. Likes Seriously, synequano, JAGtime liked this post
    Blog Entries
    The Germans are usually pretty savvy when it comes to understanding international language quirks. That's why Junkers always seemed like such a rare misstep to me, as I assumed someone would figure out how many dumb Americans might find it funny. Zeppelin seemed like a better branding, but Iron Annie is rather dumb sounding. Perhaps they are aiming for a piece of the Shinola market space?
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Maybe their biggest market is their domestic , where the history of Junkers would be most likely well known , probably better known than Iron Annie to be fair too.

I think they should have just used the parent company name and made the 2nd brand Pointtec ........... What would be wrong with seeing that on a dial ......
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

13. Likes Dimman liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    On second thoughts, Iron Annie may not be too bad. They can classify their collections under the same theme, for example: rusted annie, stainless steel annie, bronze annie, complicated annie...better stop now.
    I knew her.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

15. Likes CFR, synequano, JAGtime liked this post