Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Only a WIS would open a watch to remove a single speck of dust!

Only a WIS would open a watch to remove a single speck of dust!

It was annoying me more each day. A single speck underneath the glass I had carelessly left unnoticed when I changed the glass. I found myself searching out this speck every time I looked at the watch. And every time I would see it, glinting at me, mocking me, making me angry, until I had to dismantle the watch again to get it out. I am happy again now. I am back in love with my watch. I admit I may be slightly ocd?

2. Likes mlcor, Der Amf, scottjc, geoffbot, popoki nui liked this post
    I think OCD, at some level, is a prerequisite for a WIS...otherwise they couldn't enjoy all the tiny little details.

4. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    I'm not with calling care and attention OCD. Watches are there to be as nice as possible, there's nothing wrong with doing the best job you can. If everyone did the best job they could the world would be a better place. If everyone was OCD nothing would ever get done.

Rafa Nadal has fourteen Grand Slam titles because he cares for every single point he plays and does his best all the time. The fact that he has to have his two bottles facing the correct way when he steps onto court, that's the OCD.

Now, can I send you a couple of watches to be defluffed?

6. Likes man of kent, scottjc liked this post
    I like to imagine someone with OCD patiently tweeting every single person on twitter who misuses the term, to correct them

I think that would bug me too, especially if I knew it was my fault

9. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    been there done that... i opened my black monster just to blow 2 tiny dust.. thankfully i didn't mess up anything...

another thing that bother me but i cant remedy is a slight bent to the right/left on very slim second hand from the factory.. Uuuurrggghhh...

oh, and misalign second hand, or early/late hour hand compared to the minute hand... well, i can say that i dont have a single perfect watch =P
    there's always imperfections that my eyes pick.. i just take some deep breath and try to live with them =D

I've done the same. A watch returned from a service with a speck on the dial so I took the watch apart to remove it.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I think that would bug me too, especially if I knew it was my fault
    Having that speck there actually made me feel dislike for the watch, but I suppose it was projection of dissatisfaction at my own ability. I also nearly gave up trying to put the crystal in. It was an utter bugger to fit!

13. Likes Der Amf liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    Having that speck there actually made me feel dislike for the watch, but I suppose it was projection of dissatisfaction at my own ability. I also nearly gave up trying to put the crystal in. It was an utter bugger to fit!
    What watch is it? I can't tell from the pics

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    What watch is it? I can't tell from the pics
    SKX009 with domed sapphire and bezel insert to match the domed slope.