Likes Likes:  11
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eterna 1948 Reveil

Bummer !
    I suspect you're somewhat gutted ?.... damned sure I would be..... actually, more like livid.

Like others have said: It's a pity because it is a neat looking piece; but no point in looking pretty if it doesn't perform its basic function.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Both of my Nienabers have Schild manual movements; one (the Art Deco) is tight and you can think you’ve fully wound it when you really haven’t yet, but it’s not so tight as to be impossible to wind. The other one winds completely normally. So it definitely sounds like something is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Send it back! Ask the AD for a replacement

This watch has gained 10 minutes since yesterday morning. That is serious accuracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    This watch has gained 10 minutes since yesterday morning. That is serious accuracy.

inaccuracy !!! how disappointing for you -does it affect your intention to send it for repair or call it quits and get a refund -it would be the latter for me

Might be magnetised?
    Still, this isn't explaining the winding issues.
    Hope you'll get a fully functional replacement so you can enjoy your new acquisition.

$5k??? I have a vintage Rodania with the same movement that is about +20 sec/day. Cost $200.

Received my replacement watch two days ago. The good news, I can wind this one. The bad news, it gains 45 minutes in 24 hours. Going back again for a full refund.

Received my replacement watch two days ago. The good news, I can wind this one. The bad news, it gains 45 minutes in 24 hours. Going back again for a full refund.
    Awww, ma'an.... That sucks.
    Quite frankly: That a piss poor show on their part.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Well, you certainly gave them every opportunity. That’s a shame. OTOH, now you have money to get something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk