Likes Likes:  87
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your wall clocks!

Share your wall clocks!

I know this is a watch forum but wall clocks are also relevant right? I'd like everyone to share their wall clocks

here are some wall clocks I have at home:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428626280.920073.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  42.2 KB

My very cheap IKEA clock

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428626306.985690.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  51.4 KB

Orient Day Date

2. Likes iyonk, CFR, popoki nui, Domo, garydusa liked this post
    I mostly prefer 'quiet sweep' seiko wall clock since the loud tick in ordinary quartz clock drive me nuts!
    (beside i sometime pretend that i'm watching a spring drive smooth sweep.. hehehe)

Name:  DSCN0052.jpg
Views: 206
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  DSCN0057.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  30.2 KB

4. Likes CFR, germy, muddy250, Nutty28 liked this post
    Scored this vintage-look Lorus last year on ebay for 10 bucks.

6. Likes CFR, iyonk, germy, popoki nui, Nutty28 liked this post
    Mostly $20 generic clocks aroun our place, except these two:

Cuckoo, purchased on our first family European vacation in 1976, at Schmid-Linder in Lucerne. It's had a couple of servicings over the years; still runs pretty good for its age. Plays two separate tunes; one on the hour, the other on the half-hour.
    Name:  Cuckoo1.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  59.2 KB

...and this rather hideous thing. I made it from a raw burl, way back in 1986, in a joinery course I took. Seiko quartz movement. Not sure why I keep it around. To scare off evil spirits or something:
    Name:  Clock1.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  41.3 KB

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

8. Likes iyonk, GlennO, mlcor, Colin, CFR, Nutty28, Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Not sure why I keep it around. To scare off evil spirits or something:

~Sherry.

LOL!!!!!

10. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post

...and this rather hideous thing. I made it from a raw burl, way back in 1986, in a joinery course I took. Seiko quartz movement. Not sure why I keep it around. To scare off evil spirits or something:

~Sherry.
    I had one similar to this for years, slightly different shape but same construction! Guess they were popular a long time back, for reasons which now escape me.

12. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    I have a bunch of cheap quartz models, but this is the only one worth taking a (blurry) picture of. Seiko Quiet Sweep that I've had in my office for many years:

I've wanted one of these for my desk for a long time but never pulled the trigger on it for $200:

14. Likes popoki nui, Nokie, germy, Nutty28, DM71 liked this post

Share your wall clocks!

Quote Originally Posted by OTGabe View Post

I've wanted one of these for my desk for a long time but never pulled the trigger on it for $200:

I have something quite similar that the Redhead found at a yard sale. Paid fifteen bucks for it. But it is a shelf clock, not a wall clock.

I need to respond to this post when I get home. I think I might have a couple of wall clocks and timepieces (clocks strike the hours; timepieces do not). But nothing that's newer than about 1920.

Rick "whose extensive clocks collection most comprises mantel clocks" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

The one currently on the wall is an IBM master clock from the forties. I have a couple of synchronomes that I love dearly, but my beloved objects to the interesting range of noises they make while the IBM is far more stately. I know it says ITR on the dial but that was just the European branding. I did a write up about rebuilding it somewhere which I'll try to dig out.

Found it:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/ot-...bm-407892.html

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428714978.194013.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  192.5 KB
    Vienna regulator (all proper regulators are weight-driven timepieces, but these were mostly for show). Austrian, Circa 1890's.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428715182.999577.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  180.7 KB
    Ingraham "Nyanza", a spring-driven 1920 imitation of an 1840's weight-driven banjo clock. Rack-striking.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428715413.525128.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  144.0 KB
    A mantel clock that cost about 8% of the Seiko shown previously, bought at a yard sale. The brand is Verichron and uses a Japanese Quartz movement of good quality. Powered by a C cell.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428715794.347472.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  68.4 KB
    This is the real regulator--a ca. 1900 Gilbert jeweler's regulator. This has a lead-filled bob so that the swing will be very narrow, and a deadbeat escapement. The seconds dial is indexed in seconds but the beat is 2/3 second (a one-second beat requires a pendulum one meter in length). This was used by jewelers to regulate their clock and watch inventory, but it was still at the affordable end of the spectrum.

These are the wall clocks. The bulk of the collection are mantel clocks. Here's an example:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428716235.448435.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  113.2 KB
    A quality mantel clock from the turn of the last century by Seth Thomas, adamantine finish.

Rick "whose horological roots are in 19th-century American clocks" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

18. Likes Matt, germy, Nutty28, popoki nui, OTGabe liked this post