Likes Likes:  232
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 2 March 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    They’re just trying to get a nice sunset shot like you.......

Before you ask, no I’m not a drone owner/user, I do like a good sunset though, and I’m a firm believer of live and let live
    They do have their place. In real estate they take interesting views of property. The electric company here uses them to survey the lines and equipment....these I’m good with. We go to the beach to relax and enjoy the sounds of the ocean. That is not possible with something that sounds like a swarm of giant mosquitoes buzzing around. Plus it was right in the field of view that I’m trying to get a photo of the sunrise. Designate an area to fly them like they designate an area you can take a dog to the beach. Sit in that area at you own risk. In all honesty I don’t think sunrise and sunset are what they are trying to get pictures of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

2. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    Thanks, Dave! Years ago, when researching these, I found some scans online from a series of books on Japanese domestic watches. Here's the relevant one:

Attachment 83840
    Is that one of the Dragonfly series of books? These are on my permanent searches on eBay, and on the net to find PDF’s. From memory there are around ten of them or so that I know of. Trouble is the only copies I ever find are hugely expensive and my pockets aren’t deep enough to justify that much on a book. A lot about early Seiko in some of the issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes skywatch liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Is that one of the Dragonfly series of books? These are on my permanent searches on eBay, and on the net to find PDF’s. From memory there are around ten of them or so that I know of. Trouble is the only copies I ever find are hugely expensive and my pockets aren’t deep enough to justify that much on a book. A lot about early Seiko in some of the issues.
    Yes, these are the Dragonfly series. 12 volumes that I know of. This is page 36 I think, from "Japan Domestic Watch Vol.11 - ORIENT"

Here is a good blog with some additional info:
    http://seikoholics.yuku.com/topic/90#.UcO2qyv70-A
    And here is a PDF sampler (not downloadable, alas) with some of the front covers, but not with the page I found: https://issuu.com/watchlords.com/doc...ch_series_book

The page I found was a lucky accident, 5 years ago or so on eBay, when a seller was showing the inside of volume 11 and I happened to see that it was showing my watch. I grabbed a screen shot from the eBay sale for my reference.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

still

Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

7. Likes rodia77, CFR, mlcor, hayday, stew77, Strela167, JAGtime, iyonk liked this post

9. Likes CFR, hayday, stew77, FSM71, Strela167, JAGtime, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Name:  IMG_20190302_140539.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  76.0 KB
    indeed.

11. Likes rodia77 liked this post
    Yup, although I'm afraid it's going to turn into when the night comes and sunburns start hurting.

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Yup, although I'm afraid it's going to turn into when the night comes and sunburns start hurting.
    That's definitely not cool (no pun intended).

Still wearing it! Still enjoying it, still can't quite believe that Alan sold it to me!

Romeo and Juliet at The Globe

It’s having a more interesting life with you.

I’m a rehomer.

16. Likes Seriously, iyonk, gnuyork liked this post