Size:  43.2 KBName:  BILD3441.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  63.8 KB

Good day everyone,

Name:  C620D150-B2B2-45E9-B69E-F8E8093A235F.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  76.8 KB

FC-303
    I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

Blog Entries

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum ¦ ​Tudor Pelagos ¦ ​Grand Seiko SBGA011

Met a friend and tried out his Daytona..
    Name:  20190304_123349.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  63.1 KB

I wear my Alan's today... and i honestly feel content.. thank u so much Alan..
    Name:  20190304_120925.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  55.9 KB
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Met a friend and tried out his Daytona..

How did you like the Daytona, Iyonk? The reason I'm asking is because every time I tried one (pre-ceramic) on it kinda failed to impress, me.
    Last edited by CFR; Mar 4, 2019 at 11:04 AM.

7. Likes Samanator, iyonk liked this post

Alpha & Illinois

Finally changing the pocket watch in my desk stand. Illinois "Bates" from 1887. 18s, 17j. Not RR grade. Key wound and set, in a Fahys ore silver case that requires you to actually remove
    the movement from the case in order to set it.

Name:  Illinois862231Movement2019March04.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  Illinois862231Front2019March04.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  58.3 KB

On my wrist, an Alpha with an automatic Stowa movement. I always forget (until too late) that the date can be advanced by pushing on the crown. Only 33mm, but I really like the solid bracelet.
    Today, I discovered that when I resized it (long ago) I seem to have reversed one side of the bracelet. Because of the geometry of the links, the bracelet is flexible in one direction, but limited
    in flex in the other direction. Fortunately, it only required a screwdriver to fix it. Notice the unusual (springbar) attachment for the first link on each side. I don't think I needed to play with the springbars when I originally re-sized it, and didn't this time, either. Another first (for me) - there are still 2 links that I could remove - but I'm leaving it a bit loose. If I do tighten it up - the flip clasp has quite a bit
    of stretch to it.

Name:  AlphaFront2019March04.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  61.9 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    How did you like the Daytona, Iyonk? The reason I'm asking is because every time I tried one (pre-ceramic) on it kinda failed to impress, me.
    sorry for the late Reply C..
    it is an Awesome sports luxury watch but even if i have that kind of money, i personally would not buy one.. a dateless sub would have a better chance for me to have one -- in other life or parallel universe..
    if i have the budget and shopping for a Chrono... i personally would prefer a 38mm Zenith TriColor..

Why?

because it would look great on my straps ... that Daytona case is so sharp that it is biting leather strap like a nought little dog with itchy teeth..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

10. Likes CFR, FSM71 liked this post
    Good morning IWL

I'm consoling myself for not winning the grand CFR 10,000 post giveaway........ with my Sirius

https://i.postimg.cc/38CNq9TK/DSC05284.jpg

Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Good morning IWL

I'm consoling myself for not winning the grand CFR 10,000 post giveaway........ with my Sirius

https://i.postimg.cc/38CNq9TK/DSC05284.jpg
    Perfect choice, Mr Mike.

13. Likes Samanator, Seriously liked this post