Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Custom strap for Campanola

Custom strap for Campanola

My strap just broke and I'm having trouble finding a replacement. Anybody know of someone who can do a custom watch strap for a awkwardly shaped lug? Preferably in the UK and won't break the bank.

Name:  IMG_9821.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  79.5 KB

Name:  IMG_9822.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  66.3 KB

Name:  IMG_9824.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  64.3 KB

2. Likes iyonk, synequano, Strela167 liked this post
    well not in the uk just wondering it iyonks might fancy having a go for you he's one of our IWL strap makers but not one of his usually type he makes thou ?

or if me would try and modify a strap to fit looking at the pic's looks like you need to cut out a segment from a normal strap maybe ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes iyonk liked this post
    First thing that comes to mind is Toshi straps if lyonks can't help. https://toshi-straps.co.uk/
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Just buy a regular strap in that size and one of THESE for the right size gap.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

7. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Does Toshi just do parallel and chunky? Maybe not, but that’s what I associate him with.

A conversation with iyonk would be worthwhile, that’s for sure. Send him the original strap and I’m sure he could model something on it for a reasonable price.

9. Likes iyonk, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    well not in the uk just wondering it iyonks might fancy having a go for you he's one of our IWL strap makers but not one of his usually type he makes thou ?

or if me would try and modify a strap to fit looking at the pic's looks like you need to cut out a segment from a normal strap maybe ?
    i think the buy regular strap and ask a watch maker to cut the middle to custom fit it is the best recommendation..
    just make sure you get a solid leather strap since some aftermarket strap with padding in the inside might not look as got when it get trimmed/cut..

hopefully you could find a local/domestic custom strap maker to help you since it would help cutting the time and postal.... but if else fail, you could DM me and i will try to help the situation.. even though fitting these kind of proprietary strap would be easier for me if i got the watch on hand..

Goodluck DJ..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Stone Creek Straps would make you a strap to the OEM specifications. They are in AZ though.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

Thanks for the replies.

I had considered getting a regular strap, but one problem is that the strap tapers very quickly so that the Citizen deployment buckle can fit on, and the strap has to be thin enough for it to fit on the deployment. Another possible issue is that the section where the bar goes though the loop of the strap is very thin. It's just the upper glossy layer of the strap folded over, and this is what failed. Not very well made, unfortunately. However, I worry that a regular strap might be a touch too thick to fit.

I'll send you a PM, iyonk.

Name:  IMG_0156.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  60.4 KBName:  IMG_0160.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  82.5 KBName:  IMG_0158.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  89.3 KBName:  IMG_0161.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  69.2 KBName:  IMG_0159.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  74.8 KBName:  IMG_0168.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  86.7 KB

13. Likes iyonk liked this post
    DJ - just out of interest, do you still have that G-Shock I gave you in Antwerp?

It doesn’t matter if you haven’t.

15. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    DJ - just out of interest, do you still have that G-Shock I gave you in Antwerp?

It doesn’t matter if you haven’t.
    I certainly do! Would you like it back?