Walking into Bremont’s brand new Melbourne boutique, it doesn’t take long to work out the brand’s military and aviation connection. If the spartan style of the watches didn’t give the game away, the pictures of planes on the walls, the hanging model biplane, and the actual, very battered looking ejection seat sitting front-and-centre kind of give it away.* Not that all those fine details were too easy to spot last night, as the space was packed with people who either loved the brand or were keen to find out more. And amongst the brand’s most die-hard fans are the people who actually fly, and live the brand image, many of them military pilots. From the earliest days of the brand, Bremont has had a strong involvement with the military, doing custom pieces for members of the armed forces. These were the uber-cool, ultra-rare watches I tracked down last night and, boy, did I spot some good ones.* Bremont’s tagline is ‘tested beyond endurance’, and this watch proves the point. It was made for a RAAF EA-18G Growler — an advanced electronic warfare fighter —*that took part in exercises*with the US Air Force in Nevada. Except this plane didn’t make it…

The post LIST: 4 outrageously cool Australian military Bremonts I spotted at their Melbourne boutique opening appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...