Likes Likes:  687
Page 186 of 245 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2442

Thread: Movies / Films / Flicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    I saw 1917 today. It was a nice yarn IMHO. Not a war movie, but set in a war. Some good twists and they kept the gore to respectable level. Combat gear was time period on. The two hour limit was fine with me as it gets harder to focus on longer ones. The cinematography was unique.

Two thumbs up, YMMV,

Dan
    Same here. The panning across the pool in the crater was creative and yes, unique.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

I saw 1917 today. It was a nice yarn IMHO. Not a war movie, but set in a war. Some good twists and they kept the gore to respectable level. Combat gear was time period on. The two hour limit was fine with me as it gets harder to focus on longer ones. The cinematography was unique.

Two thumbs up, YMMV,

Dan
    I def want to see this one.

Blog Entries
    Here is a little more on the cinematography for anyone who is interested. Certainly can't do this on a shoestring of a budget. I wonder if that is why the kept to lower key stars?

https://youtu.be/kMBnvz-dEXw

4. Likes OhDark30, gnuyork liked this post
    Thanks for posting, Dan - fascinating!
    Apparently some of it was filmed at the airfield I was training at last week

There’s another (WW2) movie being filmed there now
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Here is a little more on the cinematography for anyone who is interested. Certainly can't do this on a shoestring of a budget. I wonder if that is why the kept to lower key stars?

Ah - I didn't notice! Very cool. Thanks for posting.

Just awesome. Really a lot involved with a production, especially one like this!

Saw 1917 yesterday
    Epic. Immersive.
    are two words to describe it

There were parts (particularly early on) where the relentless forward motion and grunt n gasp soundtrack recalled The Revenant
    But as the story filled out, paused, hit dead ends, and characters interacted, I got over being impressed by army kit details and spotting acting royalty, and into the nub of the film

Many war films on this scale make it impossible to care about individuals, their antlike existences snubbed out by big bangs

This was different. A story from a meatgrinder war, where you get a sense of the relationships that tie lives together, what is lost when they are interrupted
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

9. Likes geoffbot, Raza, Dan R liked this post
    Yeah there were some exhausting long scenes huh! Genuinely makes you feel tired, which is the idea, and good cinematography I guess.

11. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    so been organising my video collection .

as you may know I usually do it by year but thought with some would do it by theme say all res evils or tremors or chucky , so any way was looking at two at the minute res evil so I had a bit of spare time the last day or so I converted some to mp4 as avi seem's to be dying out as a format and mp4 seems to be universally used at the minute guess because a lot of use on phones and stuff.

so watches all the res in order never really done that before ..well I have but in years or so gaps as they came out . so watching close together I noticed that with the last chapter how they played the story line complete messy up the whole of res evil apocalypse as they complete change who invented the t virus can't see how they could do this as the second one was a defining one of who she was going to be. I mean alice so if that did not happen then none of the other could happen so as the doc would say it's a fixed point in time and story never noticed before as there was quiet a few years between the second and the sixth one ..

but the first few are almost possible story lines then they go a bit beyond don't they mean how does a t-virus dry up oceans and lakes

but suppose it's a fun shoot them up ant it ..

going to look at star wars again but got lots of other star wars related stuff to look at too ...

droids 1-2 (1980)
    star wars resistance 1-2 well half of two .
    star wars rebels 1-4 well part of four
    the mandelorian
    ewok adventure
    ewok battle for endor
    pre make the empire strikes back (1950 )

starwars 1 through 8.
    rogue one
    start wars the clone wars .

get a bit confusing as the cartoon stick close to the first three then the rest does ..
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I saw Knives Out yesterday, which was really, really good. Funny, lots of plot twists, great acting, comedic suspense. The whole film is a wonderful tribute to Alfred Hitchcock and Agatha Christie. While not necessary to see it on the big screen, it is definitely worth watching.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

14. Likes Raza, OhDark30, gnuyork liked this post