Likes Likes:  667
Page 211 of 241 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2410

Thread: Movies / Films / Flicks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I haven't finished eeaao, might do, but it didn't grasp me.

The others look like not my cuppa...

Don't think I've seen anything new in ages. Most new films look shite.

What's coming out soon?
    Nothing. There are no movies anymore. You either get big budget MCU and DC blockbusters, with the MCU having lost its way and the DC universe never quite finding theirs, or small, indie-style dramas and nothing in between.

I spent a good two hours last night trying to find something to stream that I haven’t seen before and wanted to see and came up with nothing. Not even looking at rentals, either. Cocaine Bear came close, but I’m not spending $20 on ****ing Cocaine Bear.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

sounds strange but look at some of the animated stuff it's quite good,

a good fun family one is the tad the lost explorer ones their three fun for kids but not bad for adults too

tv.
    watching true lies at the mo a spin of tv of the old schwarzenegger/jamie lee curtis movie .

kinda watching maggie too plus the res evil new series but way to many flashbacks plus hate short view times per show mean 25 minutes for some shows mean I know attention spans have got a lot shorter... hang on where was I oh yes short attention span but yeah think hour , 45 minutes per show gets you to feel the characters more.

found the 90's show fun but just from the odd appearance's of the 70's show cast donna the most .

but re watching mostly 80' / 90's tv and films at mo .

watched the replacement killer's the other day still stands up to time well
    Last edited by is that my watch; Mar 19, 2023 at 02:19 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Recovering from flu and watched (again) Grand Budapest Hotel by Wes Anderson. He’s in a league of his own, and cast is always amazing.

Sent from Maxwell Smart’s shoe

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Recovering from flu and watched (again) Grand Budapest Hotel by Wes Anderson. He’s in a league of his own, and cast is always amazing.

Haven't seen it, looks absolutely hellish. But, I've heard _amazing_ things so might try 10 minutes.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Not sure if it’s your kind of movie, but in 10 minutes it barely gets started.

Haven't seen it, looks absolutely hellish. But, I've heard _amazing_ things so might try 10 minutes.

Blog Entries
    Couldn’t stand Grand Budapest Hotel, but I’m not really a Wes Anderson guy. Other than Moonrise Kingdom, I can’t say I’ve ever truly enjoyed any of his movies. Life Aquatic was okay.

Haven't seen any of his films - too many wreaths for me I think
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Haven't seen any of his films - too many wreaths for me I think
    Wes Anderson is a weird one for me. I love film—and let me be clear; when I say that, I don’t mean I like movies. I mean I love film. I love filmmaking, I love visual storytelling, I love the golden age of films, I’m fascinated by the studio system, I love the technical mastery it takes to create film, even if it results in a movie I don’t like. I think film (and TV) is the ultimate, highest form of art. I love stylized films, I love quirky films, so I see every Wes Anderson movie, hoping that it will someday click. Someday, I’ll see what everyone else seems to see in movies that are more about moustache wigs and dollhouse-esque sets. But other than Moonrise Kingdom, described by Wes Anderson fans as his least Wes Anderson-y movie, I don’t really care for any of them. Despite the fact that there are some films that are clearly influenced by Wes Anderson, ones that wouldn’t exist or at the very least wouldn’t be nearly as good, without Wes Anderson’s influence—Paddington 2 and See How They Run immediately come to mind—that I absolutely love, it seems like he’s not for me. On paper, I should love Wes Anderson. But I just don’t.

Fair enough, at least you’ve tried with an open mind.

I can’t say I’ve seen or liked all of his films, but I like how they have quirky stories and moods.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    On paper, I should love Wes Anderson. But I just don’t.

10. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Set It Up

So, in an insomnia-fueled daze, I just picked a movie to watch. This one stars Glenn Powell, who played my favorite character in Scream Queens, and since then, has gone on to be in films like Hidden Figures, Top Gun Maverick, and, most recently, Devotion, the Korean War film about a black and a white pilot (he plays the white one). Suffice it to say, his performances in Scream Queens and other movies and shows has endeared him to me a bit. It also stars Zoey Deutch, who is, canonically, I believe, Marty McFly’s sister, and was great in the film The Outfit. I scrolled past and thought if the Rotten Tomatoes score was over 50%, I’d give it a chance. When I looked it up, I was shocked to see the score—92% critics, and, promisingly, 67% audience score. I know, it’s snobby to look at a film that wasn’t enjoyed as much by the masses as it was by the critics and take that as a good sign, but well, you’ve known me long enough, I don’t have to hide that I’m a (film, at the very least) snob, right?

Anyway, rom com rules apply and nothing here is truly groundbreaking. But, everything here is generally well written, well acted, funny, and witty. 2018 was still the height of quip comedy, but the quips managed to be organic, rather than random (if you want an example of bad quip comedy, watch Red Notice on Netflix and just listen to almost any Ryan Reynolds line—the quips are seemingly random, AI-generated, and have nothing to do with what’s happening on-screen). Glenn Powell and Zoey Deutch have easy chemistry, their bosses, whom they set up, Take Diggs and Lucy Liu, on the other hand, have easy anti-chemistry, which shows the importance of casting. Could have gone completely another way with a different cast. I had several genuine laugh out loud moments (which are rarer when you’re watching alone, studies have shown) and by the end of the movie, I was invested in the characters and every outcome felt earned.

I know rom coms get a bad rap, especially with men, but this is one that’s worth watching. Especially a good choice if you’ve got someone in your life who loves rom coms—suggest this one for your next movie night and you’ll have one you can both enjoy.

A