Likes Likes:  531
Page 206 of 208 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2072

Thread: Movies / Films / Flicks

  1. #2051
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Definitely will do that, it's on my list already. Probably will wait for second season to be released, and then get an ATV subscription.
    Also just started watching The Ipcress File, 60s Berlin, looks promising

  2. #2052
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    22,382
    Well maverick has good reviews.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  3. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
  4. #2053
    deadhead hayday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    6,842
    Tom Cruise can suck it.
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

  5. #2054
    Member wschofield3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Well maverick has good reviews.
    I saw it Sunday evening and I thought it was just OK. Basically, without any spoilers, it was almost a complete rehash of the first one, right down to the obligatory shirts off sports scene.

    I don't understand why the reviews are so good.

    Of course, I wore my new IWC!

  6. #2055
    Moderator G-Shock/Digital Sedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,419
    Good reviews or not. I never was a fan of the first one, so not gonna see the second. Despite the fact I do like Cruise. Just not into movies about the airforce. I prefer infantry . Planes -> boring.
    Cheers, Sedi

  7. #2056
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    22,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Good reviews or not. I never was a fan of the first one, so not gonna see the second. Despite the fact I do like Cruise. Just not into movies about the airforce. I prefer infantry . Planes -> boring.
    What kind of nutter thinks fighter jets are boring?!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  8. Likes Fantasio liked this post
  9. #2057
    Super Member Raza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    21,455
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Good reviews or not. I never was a fan of the first one, so not gonna see the second. Despite the fact I do like Cruise. Just not into movies about the airforce. I prefer infantry . Planes -> boring.
    Technically, they’re Navy pilots.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

  10. #2058
    Moderator G-Shock/Digital Sedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,419
    Just as boring as formula 1. I was always a boxing fan - give me the blood and grime and gore or I'm not interested. I like war movies but I want man to man combat not the clinical "drop the bomb and get out".
    I wanted to be a soldier when I was 18 but that didn't go down well with my dad. I thought the combat divers would be the most interesting and demanding division of the German "Bundeswehr". Never been a fan of either tanks or planes. Submarines however - now we're talking...
    Cheers, Sedi

  11. #2059
    El bot. geoffbot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    West Sussex, UK
    Posts
    22,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Just as boring as formula 1. I was always a boxing fan - give me the blood and grime and gore or I'm not interested. I like war movies but I want man to man combat not the clinical "drop the bomb and get out".
    I wanted to be a soldier when I was 18 but that didn't go down well with my dad. I thought the combat divers would be the most interesting and demanding division of the German "Bundeswehr". Never been a fan of either tanks or planes. Submarines however - now we're talking...
    Formula one bores me because the cars are basically the same and the difference between positions is like 0.05s. The cars are very cool though
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

  12. #2060
    Hangaround member Fantasio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    60 degrees North
    Posts
    2,245
    How about WRC then? I admire more those guys driving bumpy dirt roads.

    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Formula one bores me because the cars are basically the same and the difference between positions is like 0.05s.

    Sent from Maxwell Smartís shoe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us