Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2408

Thread: Movies / Films / Flicks

He dies.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    He dies.
    Well, that’s a seriously asshole move.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Dune was good. A bit stylistic and long with not much story, but a great experience.

Unlike the 4th dennis villenurve film I watched - enemy. That last scene
    Last edited by geoffbot; Nov 1, 2021 at 09:20 PM.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

watched mortal engines kinda fun and if your a fan of Steampunk then might be for you and it has an air of it to the store line
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Dune was good. A bit stylistic and long with not much story, but a great experience.
    I couldn’t get over the fact that Timothee Chalamet never made a facial expression or was able to emote a little bit and that Jason Momoa is just Aquabro in every role, so he seemed like he came in out of a different movie. It was very nice to look at, but the movie felt like two and a half hours of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I couldn’t get over the fact that Timothee Chalamet never made a facial expression or was able to emote a little bit and that Jason Momoa is just Aquabro in every role, so he seemed like he came in out of a different movie. It was very nice to look at, but the movie felt like two and a half hours of nothing.
    Yeah a bit like blade runner. I'm sure lots does happen, but he manages to make it feel like it doesn't.

Unlike Arrival, which is god tier.

Seen bond yet?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Yeah a bit like blade runner. I'm sure lots does happen, but he manages to make it feel like it doesn't.

Unlike Arrival, which is god tier.

Seen bond yet?
    I loved Blade Runner myself, though I’ve only seen it the one time so far. I 100% agree with you on Arrival. Talk about a masterclass in acting, Amy Adams deserved every Oscar they could throw at her for that movie and yet I’m not sure Academy voters even watched it. She didn’t even get a nomination, yet Emma Stone won best actress for the unwatchable and offensive La La Land.

Still haven’t seen Bond yet; I’m not going to theaters this year at all, maybe not even next year, so I’ll be waiting until I can rent it digitally to see it. It sucks, but it’s too risky right now, still.
    Last edited by Raza; Nov 2, 2021 at 08:22 AM.

8. Likes Sedi liked this post
    @Raza
    Same here. Also - my desire to visit any cinema at all has declined massively after getting a projector 4 yrs ago. In combination with Netflix, Amazon prime and Disney+ and a blu-ray and DVD collection of around 600+ I'm in no hurry getting into a cinema in the near future.
    Btw - I already got spoilered in another forum about the end of the new Bond. Shouldn't have looked into the James-Bond-thread I guess.
    Cheers, Sedi

10. Likes Raza liked this post
    Finally finished Dune yesterday. Hm, kind of disappointed to say the least. Visually stunning but the beginning was too long and other stuff that should have taken more time was too rushed. Paul Atreides goes from "oh no, I lost my dad" to "when I'm emperor, I'll do this and that" in like 3 minutes. Another stupid rushed scene: Paul and his mother just fled and entered the Fremen underground facility - two minutes later he's described as "just a boy hiding in a hole" - yeah, right - the hole he just entered 2 minutes ago. Oh boy. All the rest of the characters are flat as cardboard. This polished snooze fest makes Lynch's movie seem like a true masterpiece.
    Cheers, Sedi

12. Likes Raza liked this post
    The more I think about it the worse it is - another absolutely pointless scene (and I don't think I'm giving anything away since most have probably seen the Lynch movie or read the novel) - the self sacrifice of Duncan. So he runs out to stop the Sardaukar to win some time for the escape of the others. What do they do? Wait behind the door wait till he's dead and then run. Absolutely pointless death. Didn't anybody notice such stupid flaws when editing this wannabe blockbuster?
    I guess we have to wait till Peter Jackson has time to turn the novel into an epic three parts long movie with a 9 hr combined runtime. I think I should finally stay away from Villeneuve movies. He's already messed up so many times... Half of what he's done was good, the rest horrible.
    Cheers, Sedi

14. Likes Raza liked this post