Likes Likes:  687
Page 204 of 245 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206214 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2443

Thread: Movies / Films / Flicks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hayday View Post
    Matrix Revolutions is confusing. Very, very confusing. I think I know what happened but I'm going to need to do some Googling and reading to make sure. Visually it was phenomenal. Lots of inside jokes that poke fun at the original trilogy. If you like the first one, keep watching.
    I didn’t like the Matrix movies when they were new (I recently rewatched the original and it’s fascinating as an allegory for trans awakening, but as a film, blech), but the new one has Jessica Henwick in short blue hair, so I’m going to watch it at least once.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Kingsman wasn’t silly? Samuel L. Jackson played a character who sounded like Sylvester the cat. I don’t think I even finished it, it was so bad.
    I thought it would be like Johnny English. Samual l had a list but the film was brutal and gritty. Barely 4 laughs throughout. I enjoyed it a lot.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I thought it would be like Johnny English. Samual l had a list but the film was brutal and gritty. Barely 4 laughs throughout. I enjoyed it a lot.
    Well, I also didn’t find it funny, so there’s that.

5. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    Wanting to get out of the house my wife and I caught Ghost Busters Afterlife at the theater here. We had the theater to ourselves so not much worry about crowds. I had remembered seeing a trailer probably over a year ago and it looked interesting. Five minutes in I was struggling to stay awake and a few minutes after that nodded off a few times. Only semi funny thing was the bags of Stay Puff marshmallows coming to life in the Walmart shelf. While AI will always be my standard for the worst movie I've even seen I could not even suggest this if you've seen everything else on your list. Believe me, I'm doing you a favor. Just go watch something else again, since there is nothing to see here.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

7. Likes Sedi liked this post
    West Side story was magical

9. Likes hayday liked this post
    Loved it, but I’ve loved it since early childhood. I still know most of the lyrics. While teaching at a previous school, after having a class of kids with language deficits read the play, and reading plays is always frustrating, I showed them the original movie. They loved it. For the following few months, someone would randomly break into song and several classmates would join in. It was fantastic. There was zero possibility of these kids seeing it on their own so it was very rewarding to see them enjoy something so out of their day-to-day existence and comfort zone. One of my happier teaching moments I often revisit when having bad days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    We (a friend of mine and my wife) watched "The killing of a sacred deer". First I was like "what is this stinking pile of garbage?". Someone shouting exposition at the audience "it's all metaphorical". But a metaphor for what?
    But I have read up on it since then and it is all based on "Iphigenie in Aulis".
    So it's an act of the gods - revenge for an untimely death. However it's then all tied in with Christian sub-plots. Only this time it's not one person suffering for many but many persons suffering for the sin of one.
    The only way to make sense of it - none of the characters is actually a real person. Least of all "Martin" who just voices the plan of the gods to carry out their revenge. He is not the one causing it like some commenters on imdb thought. He's just the oracle, the mouth of the revenge gods.
    Even though I hated the movie at first, at least it makes you think about it for a while. Had this been the usual revenge story carried out by an evil antagonist, it would have been boring.
    So I think it could be recommended - if one does not try to "solve" what is going on but accepts the exposition given by the main character - "it's all metaphorical".
    Last edited by Sedi; Jan 9, 2022 at 12:39 PM.
    Cheers, Sedi

Watched The King's Man on HBO. Two hours of my life completely wasted. I don't know what caused me to continue watching after the first hour. Just stubborn, I guess. The only upside was I didn't pay for it in a theatre.

14. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    The Power of the Dog. Finally, a boredom gauntlet that is worth it at the end. 1 hour 45 of being bored as shit, but an excellent and earned ending. Very good movie.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Watched The King's Man on HBO. Two hours of my life completely wasted. I don't know what caused me to continue watching after the first hour. Just stubborn, I guess. The only upside was I didn't pay for it in a theatre.
    Yeah it's below 7/10 on imdb so it's a no from me. Shame, I liked the first one.