Likes Likes:  89
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ever bought a watch that you didn't know existed a week before buying it?

Ever bought a watch that you didn't know existed a week before buying it?

I haven't been shy about sharing my search for an "all around" type of watch. The Rolex Explorer, GS SBGH001, Ball Marvelight and last week, a Seiko Brightz all were considerations. I whittled it down to the GS...and when then Brightz came to my attention, I wondered if I needed to spend the money on the GS. Well, I didn't pull the trigger on the SDGM003 Brightz as I realized the GS is the one I wanted....until I saw this at the Boston GTG last weekend.

Name:  eterna.jpeg
Views: 485
Size:  7.1 KB

Name:  7630.41.50.1227_0.png
Views: 214
Size:  166.1 KB
    Name:  11_36.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  50.7 KBName:  8_6.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  31.8 KB

Name:  Eterna-Vaughan-Big-Date.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  135.9 KB

Absolute love at first sight. Of course, I knew about Eterna such as the Kon Tiki and Madison lines, but had not seen or heard of the Vaughan Big Date.

Got a fantastic deal and It will be here next week. Sometimes it just works this way.

Any Eterna fans out there?
    Last edited by wschofield3; Apr 12, 2015 at 12:59 AM.

Yes, I have this one:

P1040687a by hankblanc, on Flickr

and considered a Kontiki today. Also, I have been casually looking for a Birks Eterna chronometer for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Yes, I have this one:

P1040687a by hankblanc, on Flickr

and considered a Kontiki today. Also, I have been casually looking for a Birks Eterna chronometer for a while.
    I've seen you post this one before and it's stunning. Not familiar with the Birks....I'll look it up.

4. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    That watch is beautiful, Walter. Congratulations, and wear it in good health!

Jane
    Last edited by JAGtime; Apr 11, 2015 at 01:04 PM.

6. Likes wschofield3 liked this post

8. Likes wschofield3, geoffbot liked this post
    Yep

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

10. Likes JAGtime, wschofield3 liked this post
    Actually quite a few I buy when announced at Basel so a week would be longer than I really wait. For example I put the deposit on the Omega Silver Snoopy within an hour of seeing the picture.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

12. Likes wschofield3, geoffbot, FuzzyB liked this post
    Nice one Walter!! Eterna is very underrated...
    Cheers,

Richard

14. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Congrats, and welcome to the Eterna world! You won't be disappointed.

Two Eternas here:
    Name:  KonTiki 001.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  64.2 KB
    Name:  Eternablue1.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  39.1 KB

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

16. Likes wschofield3, vinylgreek liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I've seen you post this one before and it's stunning. Not familiar with the Birks....I'll look it up.
    Forgive me. I'm distracted. Congratulations on your purchase and I am really interested in your opinion of it.

18. Likes wschofield3 liked this post