Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Neiman Marcus to Sell Vintage (and Modern) Watches

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    ^ This. Once people (hipsters, especially) realize the maintenance involved in vintage watches, they'll drop them like hot potatoes. Unfortunately, most of these watches may end up in sock drawers, or otherwise unavailable to collectors who can really appreciate them.

~S.
    What she said.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Off topic a bit, but I was surprised to see our local Macy's selling automatic watches (Tissot, Hamilton, Montblanc), which I do not recall seeing before at this location.
    I've seen Tissots and Hamiltons in the Macy's by me for some time, but never a Montblanc.

3. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayseed Brown View Post
    I've seen Tissots and Hamiltons in the Macy's by me for some time, but never a Montblanc.
    At least online, besides Hamilton, Tissot, and Montblanc, they sell Longines, Raymond Weil, RADO, and Tag automatics, plus Ebel, I believe.

Thanks but I think I will stick to getting mine via other WIS sellers.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

My local Neiman Marcus has a very nice collection. They carry some pretty hard to find brands - Chopard, Girard Perregaux, Parmigiani, Chanel, Franck Muller, Bvlgari, Loius Vitton, DeWitt, Hermes etc.
    The staff are also well-trained about the watches and movements they carry and are very courteous. Very boutique-like atmosphere.

I understand how this will drive up prices to a certain extent but this also means that non-WIS have some good, reliable options to buy vintage watches.

I'm gonna ask them about this program the next time I visit the store.

7. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    I'm gonna ask them about this program the next time I visit the store.
    Let us know what they say.

9. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    This surprises me, but it could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    I stopped by at 10.30 am today, only to find out that they open at 11am.... oh well, will try again sometime next week.

I believe they partnered with Crown and Caliber for this program.I feel like their prices, at least what they have posted to their website, are well above market for the pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    Spoke to them yesterday. They don't have access to the inventory yet, but the rep said he's gonna try to bring some stuff over as soon as the store can get access to it.
    Prices are on the higher side though, usual dealer markup involved.