Likes Likes:  12
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red flag masterclass

Red flag masterclass

I noticed this sale the other day. On the face of it, a potential bargain - it's clearly an ST 396.0908 Seamaster 120, 'Alveolus', the direct ancestor of today's Aqua Terra, and should have an excellent (and in house) 1342 movement. The photos are good enough to definitely identify but bad enough to put people off, the watch is a bit battered but well within the bounds of refinishing and it comes with a fresh service, new glass and warranty.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-omega...torefresh=true

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. At that price it's surely worth a gamble, so why not?
    Last edited by Matt; Apr 11, 2015 at 09:16 AM.

Bexaue it doesn't have a dial and the seller is insisting on western union payment only?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes Nokie liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Bexaue it doesn't have a dial and the seller is insisting on western union payment only?
    Ooops! ebay auction now included.

The term "red flag" seems to have a different meaning in English than in Dutch?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Ooops! ebay auction now included.
    Now you're making sense!
    There's nothing important to read here.

"Genuine omega seamaster quart watch."

Well, the capacity is good.
    There's nothing important to read here.

8. Likes bu11itt, popoki nui, OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    The term "red flag" seems to have a different meaning in English than in Dutch?
    I don't know; what does it mean in Dutch? I simply mean an auction that one would avoid like the plague for a number of reasons.

10. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I don't know; what does it mean in Dutch? I simply mean an auction that one would avoid like the plague for a number of reasons.
    I tought you would give a Masterclass on how to deal with woman on their period

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    I tought you would give a Masterclass on how to deal with woman on their period
    Ah. Well in that case, get in some fresh ginger for warm sweet ginger tea, reserve chocolates and a nice steak and spinach dinner usually do the trick. Generally an attitude of service for a day or two and being relaxed about the fact that you are going to have to cuddle up and watch a Richard Curtis film of some ilk help.

In the masterclass, you would be expected to discover old films that Curtis himself would balk at, such as:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSruSe_m8OI

and handmake apricot bircher muesli. Did I mention the reserve chocolates?

13. Likes I-B, Nokie, OhDark30 liked this post
    Aside from anything else, it's two tone

15. Likes geoffbot liked this post