Last year I had the pleasure of reviewing the Ghost Explorer, a contemporarily styled sports watch from Australian-based Creux Automatiq. It was a surprisingly sophisticated and solid piece of kit, so when I saw posts of their forthcoming line, the Diamondback, I was keen to get my hands on one.* Fast forward to me opening a DHL package, and unboxing the Diamondback CA-08, and I immediately noticed a few significant differences on this watch from its predecessor – most notably a smaller case size, solid dial and a brand new bracelet. It’s two changes that go a long way to changing the overall look and feel of the watch, while still in line with the brand’s overall aesthetic.* According to the brand, the Diamondback name owes to*inspiration from the venomous reptile of the same name but, just quietly, I think it’s got more to do with sounding cool and neatly echoing the recurring diamond motif on the watch. And while there are a few colourways of Diamondback on offer, this green and gold version is, for me, the clear winner. The diamond detail on the dial is very cool, and creates a complex look that pairs well with the lume-filled…

The post HANDS-ON: Creux Automatiq evolve their offering with the Diamondback CA-08 appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...