Likes Likes:  47
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Will I ever be a one watch guy?

Will I ever be a one watch guy?

I have been away from home for a good 10 days. A first for me (for a business trip) to be away for such a long time.
    And I picked the PO to accompany me throughout this trip.

This was the first pic I took on 1st Apr, and I also "submitted" the same for this month's photo competition.

So, I wore the same watch for the next few days. Little did I start to realize that, by day 5, I started to "miss" my other watches, and I actually got "bored" with my PO. From day 6 onwards, I actually started off wondering (every morning) if I had all of my watches with me, which would I pick for that day. And I started counting down when am I going back home....

By day 10, I was so glad that it was the last day of my trip, and I actually posted this -

I can finally put a smile on my face, as it is a matter of a few hours that I will finally "reunite" with my watches.

I am sick, and I need help, right? Please tell me I am wrong, and it is normal....

I hereby declare.....I can't be a one watch guy.

Ok, let me see.....what should be next on my list....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a constant struggle not to be a 50 watch guy. When I bought my Explorer I genuinely thought I might manage to do the one watch thing, but very quickly I realised I couldn't.

3. Likes Nutty28, CFR liked this post

Will I ever be a one watch guy?

Each of us will have a "magic" number of how many watches would seriously make sense. And now that I reflect back and look at what I have currently, I think I am really done, for a long while, I think. It is time for me to start enjoying them, and not just keep growing the collection.

The fact that I have no plans to flip any would very well reinforce on what I just said. But, then, next say never.

Have a good weekend, whatever that's left of it.

5. Likes scottjc liked this post
    I could wear my AT every day no problem. The desire to buy stuff doesn't go away but if I stayed off IWL it would subside. I'd just end up buying knives or coffee apparatus though no doubt
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

7. Likes JAGtime, popoki nui, Samanator, KingK liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    .....,,,but if I stayed off IWL it would subside
    Hmmmm....

It would have to be pretty versatile and have everything I want within one watch but haven't seen that watch yet.

I can't even imaging having just one watch.

Nope.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

11. Likes mlcor, iyonk liked this post
    I was wearing one watch exclusively from Dec 11 2014 until April 7 2015,then I got the newer one,but I guess I can try to be a one watch guy,now I just have to decide between 2 8 days Panerai to be my one month trip watch (will bring one of my tough solar Gshock along with me though)

Blog Entries
    Interesting in that my orange bezel PO is one watch I keep wearing more than the others. But no, I could not be a one watch person. Now, if I had to take only one watch with me, it would be the Speedy Pro. I don't need a date function and I prefer handwind in a one watch world.

Dan

I like watches - as most of us here. I can't have only one. And - unless seriously forced - I've no intention to change. Sorry.
    Last edited by CFR; Apr 11, 2015 at 06:29 PM.

15. Likes popoki nui, mlcor, iyonk, JAGtime, Martin liked this post