Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Link Removal

Link Removal

I'm not a big bracelet guy but I need to size a bracelet.Which end do you size from?
    As of now the 12 side has more links.Should that be the size I remove from?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by watchdaddy1 View Post
    I'm not a big bracelet guy but I need to size a bracelet.Which end do you size from?
    As of now the 12 side has more links.Should that be the size I remove from?

Thanks for your thoughts.
    It depends on your wrist shape really. If you only need 1 out I'd take one out of that side and see how it feels. If it's not comfortable, put it back in and take one from the other side.

Put it on full size and see where the clasp lies. Then take the links off the side to make sure the clasp goes where you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Put it on full size and see where the clasp lies. Then take the links off the side to make sure the clasp goes where you want it.
    Agreed. FWIW I always take the first couple of links out of the "6" side. First, this pulls the clasp towards the body making it easier to open. Secondly, I can't be bothered to do 1 each side to even it out. If I still need to take out a third link, then I'll do that from the "12" side.

I just went thru this today with my Voyager which I am now wearing for the first time.
    Last edited by WWII70; Apr 11, 2015 at 09:02 PM.
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Thank You guys, damn little ferrule too contend w/ too.Damn I'm getting old
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    It depends on your wrist shape really. If you only need 1 out I'd take one out of that side and see how it feels. If it's not comfortable, put it back in and take one from the other side.
    Yes, this. For my wrists, my bracelets seem to feel more comfortable with one less link on the 6 o'clock end. YMMV.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Thanks ladies & Gentleman
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

I like to have the clasp central on the back of my wrist so I will take one out of each side.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

I think I recall Drunken Monkey giving quite precise advice on this topic. Can't remember the thread (Geoff's AT?)

I take some out of each side and that seems to maintain the balance on my wrist well.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx