Likes Likes:  112
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Handwind + PR

Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    ...There's a Ball Trainmaster 21st Century LE that I've been looking at for months, but can't pull the trigger on it. I like everything about it except the way the tubes are placed on the hands.?
    What is it about the tubes/hands you don't like? I think that is the only part of that watch i do like.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    What is it about the tubes/hands you don't like? I think that is the only part of that watch i do like.
    It's an odd mix of classic hands and modern tritium tubes. I like the watch, but I'm sure I wouldn't like it on the wrist.

The Nomos was safe because I knew I could resell it easily for the price I paid. Even at grey prices, the Ball would cost a third of the purchase price on resale.

-- Wayne

Resale on Ball suffers a terrible beating.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

After selling the Nomos, I picked up the Orient 60th Anniversary model from Robert here on IWL. It temporarily scratched the itch for HW+PR, just not enough so that I stopped casually looking.

Great watch, just hasn't made it into rotation much since purchase. The Ball I mentioned in the first post on this thread came up on WUS. At the gray market price around $1200, I knew that I'd lose several hundred USD if I didn't like it and flipped it. I made an offer based on what I thought the resale on the watch was and the seller agreed. It's on the way from WA. Knowing USPS it will not make it by the estimated delivery of Saturday, that will give me an extra few days to decide if I'll move anything out to keep the rotation under 10 watches.

Name:  20190819_211336.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  60.0 KB

5. Likes gnuyork, wschofield3, skywatch liked this post
    I guess the time had not passed.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Ooh - marvellous.

One of the standout watches of the last five years, in my opinion. Of the watches I’ve somehow failed to buy, this is the most significant. For me, the time to buy has probably now passed, but I’m a wholehearted fan.

It’s a mark of distinction, owning the original, convention challenging Metro.

7. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    I guess the time had not passed.

Just one year later - from April 2019 to April 2020.

9. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Blog Entries
    After selling the Nomos, I picked up the Orient 60th Anniversary model from Robert here on IWL. It temporarily scratched the itch for HW+PR, just not enough so that I stopped casually looking.

I get it. So, my Orient 60th was just a gateway drug.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

11. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I get it. So, my Orient 60th was just a gateway drug.

Yes. And, I don't think I'm finished with the search, just pausing for a short time on the Ball.

Another HW+PR I like, even if it gives Michael a migraine with the small time display - (pics from Monochrome Watch review)

Name:  gopano.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  31.6 KB

Name:  gopano2.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  69.6 KB

13. Likes wschofield3, skywatch, hayday liked this post