Quick Take

Keeping in step with their theme of making ultra-thin and ultra-high-tech watches, Bulgari has released two additional pieces in the Octo Finissimo Collection –*the Automatic Ceramic and the Skeleton Ceramic. Both watches are made in black ceramic, one with a solid dial and the other with a skeletonized dial. Both watches measure up at 40mm in diameter and 5.5mm top to bottom. They both feature high performing movements, the automatic caliber BVL 138 Finissimo (60-hour power reserve) and the BVL 128SK Finissimo (65-hour power reserve). Both are fitted with the ultra-thin and wearable Finissimo bracelet made of black ceramic as well.*
The Octo Finissimo Skeleton Ceramic (left) and the Octo Finissimo Automatic Ceramic (right).
Initial Thoughts

I am a big fan of the Octo Finissimo however, one must ask themselves if too much of a good thing is, well, too much. Both these watches certainly have their redeeming qualities – high performing calibers with the increasingly popular ceramic material. Call me old fashioned but I prefer the original Octo Finissimo in Titanium and get way more amped by new releases such as the new thinnest automatic chronograph ever made. That said, it’s important to create*pieces that people can actually buy and wear and Bulgari gets this. The continue to produce high-end watches for women and men alike while pushing technological feats. Also, ceramic is a pretty cool material to wear on the reg.
The Octo Finissimo Ceramic features a black matte dial with eccentric seconds.
The Basics

Brand: Bulgari
Model: Octo Finissimo Skeleton Ceramic
Diameter: 40mm
Thickness: 5.5mm
Case Material: Ceramic
Dial Color: Skeletonized or black
Indexes: Stick indexes with exaggerated Arabic numeral 12 and 6
Lume: N/A
Water Resistance: N/A
Strap/Bracelet: Ceramic bracelet
The Movement

Caliber: BVL 128SK for the skeletonized version and BVL 138 for the solid version
Functions: Time only
Thickness: 3.30mm
Power Reserve: 65 hours/60 hours
Winding: Manual/automatic
The automatic caliber BVL 138 Finissimo in the Octo Finissimo Automatic Ceramic.
The BVL 128SK Finissimo caliber used in the Octo Finissimo Skeleton Ceramic.
Pricing & Availability

Price: TBD
Availability: TBD
Limited Edition: No
For more click here.

More...