Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I feel bad for my other watches

I feel bad for my other watches

I just got a Seiko MM300 and I think thehoneymoon for this one will last quite a while......

Background:
    I've always liked the MM300, I think most people do.

However,when I first came into contact with it a few years ago, I wasn't the most impressed. My collection at that time consisted of 1 watch, a Sinn U2S (whichhas since been sold). Looking back, I was probably a lot more into the PVD/DLC look and feel of watches. Now, there are no black watches in the stable. Fast forward to the present day, and after some more buying and selling, my tastes have changed somewhat.

After my last purchase, the Black Bay, I was pretty satisfied with what I had. Then whendeciding what to bring on a holiday, I realised I didn't have something that I didn't really mind taking a few (more) knocks than usual. My 104 probably fits the bill but it was a birthday present from my wife and I don't want to put it through any unnecessary abuse, I'm careless enough as it is.

Afterputting some thought into it, it came down to a choice between a pre-owned U1 and a MM3300. Totally different watches but similar in price and in my mind,both would serve the same purpose albeit while providing a vastly different aesthetic.

I've had a U before and handled many U1's over the years so I knew what to expect there.Luckily MM300's are available over the counter here in Singapore so I went to try it on before making a decision. Once I tried on the MM300, I was smitten.It just felt right on the wrist, even the bezel and crown actions left me impressed.

After a short search on the local fora, I found a new example at a reasonable price and I pulled the trigger. Needless to say, I've no regrets.

Thanks for your patience, here are the pictures:

Name:  DSC_0474_zpsrfnx0fgo.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  33.4 KB

Name:  e2a0a344-9ac8-4cbf-843f-0d38a74d23f0_zpsnycymvte.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  DSC_0478_zpswfqj1rlv.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  27.8 KB

Name:  DSC_0479_zpspanvvvae.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  41.1 KB
    Last edited by KingK; Apr 13, 2015 at 07:22 AM.

Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life! Congratulations!

Sturdy and attractive watch! Enjoy the honeymoon!

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

One of the best lookin' Diver from SEIKO... love it! and look really handsome on leather too!

I think the MM300 definitely deserves a longer honey moon.....

I don't suppose you got it from Thye Hong, right? Cafe to share the source? I am also contemplating but the prices here in SG is really quite ridiculous.

Enjoy! I am sure the other watches will understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its a great watch- no question
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

A great, great looking watch. I love it on that strap too. Enjoy!

Congrats! I have not had the fortune to ever see this one in person yet. If I had I may of went with it over my Shogun. Classic beauty!

Blog Entries
    Beautiful dive watch. Love simple and balanced dials. Enjoy!

Thanks everyone! It's been on my wrist for 1 week straight,

Super legible and lume is bright. I can't speak for accuracy coz I don't time my movements but there hasn't been a noticeable gain or loss in a week. I'd say that's pretty good.

Nutty28 - I'll send you a PM

11. Likes Nutty28 liked this post