Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Join us on Facebook

I think anyone can click the link on pg.1 of this thread and view some of the facebook page content. If the login prompt comes up and covers the page, I can simply click "not now" and continue viewing the IWL content. Works for me anyway. Just cant click any of the pages links.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think anyone can click the link on pg.1 of this thread and view some of the facebook page content. If the login prompt comes up and covers the page, I can simply click "not now" and continue viewing the IWL content. Works for me anyway. Just cant click any of the pages links.
    tried that but could not scroll down well and it keep popping back up the sign in screen maybe it's a uk thing ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    I have a compromise for you guys. If you want me to feature your watch on FB, you can PM me through Facebook here or message me here with a picture of your watch and that way you remain completely anonymous. Fair enough? I will attribute it to Anonymous submission

I think it's absolutely OK (and wonderful) for you to post pictures from here (at least, I'll speak for myself) using IWL log-in names. Our avatars at least provide a hint of privacy. As FB requires me to post there with my real name, all the people who listen to my music will suddenly see on their feed that I collect watches. I don't mind that per se, but I would prefer at least they have to jump through a few hoops to figure that out, as in when the picture simply has the "skywatch" watermark that I use.
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

4. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    I think it's absolutely OK (and wonderful) for you to post pictures from here (at least, I'll speak for myself) using IWL log-in names. Our avatars at least provide a hint of privacy.
    Agreed.

6. Likes skywatch, Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I don't have a Facebook account. Same applies to Instagram, Twitter or any other social media platform; IWL is the exception.
    I'm in the same boat as C (and it appears many others here at IWL ). I don't do social media, especially Facebook, but very cool to be able to see the content (and I see my lume pic of my Speedy re-issue is on the front page!) Cool!
    Last edited by stew77; Mar 23, 2019 at 12:13 AM.
    Cheers,

Chris

8. Likes Samanator liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I don't have a Facebook account. Same applies to Instagram, Twitter or any other social media platform; IWL is the exception.
    Instagram is incredible for watches if you follow and interact with the right people.

10. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as C (and it appears many others here at IWL ). I don't do social media, especially Facebook, but very cool to be able to see the content (and I see my lume pic of my Speedy re-issue is on the front page!) Cool!
    I actually have a virtually unused FB account. I got it to sign up for a reunion event for one of the places I’ve worked. Past that I’m never on it. The same can be said for sites like LinkedIn. I did just create an Instagram account to view some Basel watch pictures from Rob and Tudor, but it is destined for the same fate. I guess my point is you can have these accounts but that doesn’t mean you have to use them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

I took 5 months off to build a Star Wars themed theater in my house
    Now that, i would love to see!

... I took 5 months off to build a Star Wars themed theater in my house.
    I'm disappointed... Your avatar suggests it would be a Camelot theme.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    I'm disappointed... Your avatar suggests it would be a Camelot theme.
    There are a few swords on the wall

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. Likes crownpuller, Fantasio liked this post