Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Star Wars Home Theater

Blog Entries

My Star Wars Home Theater

I posted this in another thread and pics were asked for. So here they are. I'm a huge Star Wars fan:

The cassette tape that you see was given to me by a guy named George Lucas.

And for the grand finale. The ceiling is 600 individual fiber optic cables running into the ceiling. My daughter helped

Impressive. Quite a collection you have there.
    That looks like the result of a labour of love.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Wow! That is without a doubt the most awesome Star Wars collecion I have ever seen.
    What type of TV is that? I've been thinking of getting a new one since I can't find a watch to spend my money on.

Sent from Arrakis using Spice Melange

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Muad'dib View Post
    Wow! That is without a doubt the most awesome Star Wars collecion I have ever seen.
    What type of TV is that? I've been thinking of getting a new one since I can't find a watch to spend my money on.

Sent from Arrakis using Spice Melange
    I've found Samsung to be the best so it's a Samsung 55". It just looks bigger than it is. I didn't really need anything big because I clearly needed more walls space.

5. Likes Muad'dib liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Impressive. Quite a collection you have there.
    That looks like the result of a labour of love.
    I sold my original collection as a child. I've wanted it back ever since. So I started this journey 22 months ago. I had no idea the astronomical costs that went into vintage Star Wars toys.

7. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    I had no idea the astronomical costs that went into vintage Star Wars toys.
    Oh, I do..... My Mother-in-Law was clearing her attic a few years back and found a large box of my Brother-in-Law's old Star Wars toys - He didn't want them and she was going to bin them !
    I asked her for them, and put them all on ebay - The proceeds paid for a 3 week holiday in Florida for us. The thing that surprised me the most is that it was some of the small figures that made the most money.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Oh, I do..... My Mother-in-Law was clearing her attic a few years back and found a large box of my Brother-in-Law's old Star Wars toys - He didn't want them and she was going to bin them !
    I asked her for them, and put them all on ebay - The proceeds paid for a 3 week holiday in Florida for us. The thing that surprised me the most is that it was some of the small figures that made the most money.
    It's the weapons that cost the most. For example a Princess Leia pistol is $125.

Very Cool. I had a bunch of those toys that I sold off some time ago. Had that same C3PO figure case as well as a bunch of other stuff I saw there. Think I only have a few left hanging around.

Wow. That’s amazing. Can the fiber optics change colors? That would be pretty awesome.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Wow. That’s amazing. Can the fiber optics change colors? That would be pretty awesome.
    yes it changes colors or can stick on one color that I choose.