Likes Likes:  22
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Star Wars Home Theater

I missed this and it's awesome!

Being in the AV business, I'm curious....what's the sound system consist of component and speaker wise? Can't see anything in the pics.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wschofield3 View Post
    I missed this and it's awesome!

Being in the AV business, I'm curious....what's the sound system consist of component and speaker wise? Can't see anything in the pics.
    Nothing yet. It's wired but I haven't bought anything yet. I don't know about the av world

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Broker View Post
    Nothing yet. It's wired but I haven't bought anything yet. I don't know about the av world

Well, Walter is truly an expert in this area, if slightly biased towards one specific amplifier brand.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Well, Walter is truly an expert in this area, if slightly biased towards one specific amplifier brand.
    I have so much hooked to the tv already (xbox one, xbox 360, Blu-ray and satellite TV) that I don't quite know how to get anything else hooked up to it

Blog Entries
    I have so much hooked to the tv already (xbox one, xbox 360, Blu-ray and satellite TV) that I don't quite know how to get anything else hooked up to it

Well, you'd run everything through a receiver, then run the receiver to the TV. Each one would get its own input on the receiver. Speakers go through the receiver as well. At least, that's how I do it.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Why an Xbox one and a 360?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    Why an Xbox one and a 360?
    I have older games that I still play that aren't backwards compatible.

I have older games that I still play that aren't backwards compatible.

You could always use an HDMI switch if you're running out of ports.....Or just buy a new TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Well, you'd run everything through a receiver, then run the receiver to the TV. Each one would get its own input on the receiver. Speakers go through the receiver as well. At least, that's how I do it.
    I plug everything into the TV and use an optical cable to connect the TV to the receiver. However, my receiver is a bit old and can't handle more than 1 or 2 HDMI inputs. It would be very difficult to wire my house for surround sound so I run a 2.1 set up with Elac speakers and a sub. As a result I don't have a need, or desire, to upgrade the receiver.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    I plug everything into the TV and use an optical cable to connect the TV to the receiver. However, my receiver is a bit old and can't handle more than 1 or 2 HDMI inputs. It would be very difficult to wire my house for surround sound so I run a 2.1 set up with Elac speakers and a sub. As a result I don't have a need, or desire, to upgrade the receiver.
    For my living room, I have everything running through the receiver to the TV. I also have a 2.1 system, Golden Ear, I believe. In the basement I go no receiver and use a sound bar. It gets the job done in the smaller space, no problem.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking