Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small (in all directions) Rodina handwind

Small (in all directions) Rodina handwind

They've taken the 38.5mm Rodina and shrunk it. Firstly the diameter is now 34.5mm. Secondly thanks to removing the self-winding rotor from the ST17 and using a solid caseback (which is thinner than the display back and which also hides whats presumably now a slightly odd-looking movement?) the watch is only 7.5mm think. Hopefully this will mean it sits better on the wrist: with those long lugs the standard one never sat snugly on the wrist

Unfortunately they've rather squished up the dial in the process:

Name:  35mm rodina.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  16.7 KB

Anyway: a small date-free manual, not too many of them on the market

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    They've taken the 38.5mm Rodina and shrunk it. Firstly the diameter is now 34.5mm. Secondly thanks to removing the self-winding rotor from the ST17 and using a solid caseback (which is thinner than the display back and which also hides whats presumably now a slightly odd-looking movement?) the watch is only 7.5mm think. Hopefully this will mean it sits better on the wrist: with those long lugs the standard one never sat snugly on the wrist

I don't think the dial looks too bad actually. Good to see someone making smaller watches

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I don't think the dial looks too bad actually. Good to see someone making smaller watches
    but the 38 wears small thou ..but yes not to bad here is the 38
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I didn't find the 38.5mm wore that small, because of the long lug to lug and the height of lugs - when I replaced mine with the 40mm Zungu, it didn't feel like a had got something bigger, tbh (smaller dial as well)

I didn't find the 38.5mm wore that small, because of the long lug to lug and the height of lugs - when I replaced mine with the 40mm Zungu, it didn't feel like a had got something bigger, tbh (smaller dial as well)
    well it felt small to me it seem to fit right in the centre not that it was a bad thing it was comfortable but just seem a bit lost on my wrist lol if that makes sense ?
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

So why does it say automatic on the dial?

7. Likes Henry Krinkle, hanshananigan liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    Ahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by man of kent View Post
    Beat me to it!

I wonder if it's like some of the Chinese chronometers that I've owned?

lol I never even notice haha
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy