I got my Ball Engineer for a pretty decent price a year or so ago because it only came with 1 and a half of the removable links. This isn't a problem for me as I have small wrists (did I mention that before), so I jumped at the chance to pick up a brand I'd had my eye on for a while for a price I could afford.
When the watch arrived I decided I didn't much like the bracelet anyway, and immediately put the watch on Rios leather strap. It's been on that ever since (with the occasional switch to a Nato) and I think it looks great - kind of like a flieger on steroids. Definitely toolish and quite serious.

Today, inspired I think by some of the Rados and Ebels I've been admiring here, I decided to give its first go on the bracelet.

The watch feels completely different. Whereas before It felt slightly retro it now looks like a 70s take on the year 3000, something a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica might wear when he's off duty. Or that Tony Stark might slip on before going to a night club

It's SO shiny, but whereas in the past I would have hated that I now find myself embracing it. The case flows into the bracelet in a pleasing organic way and it's also super comfortable. I've ended up feeling like I've got a different watch.

Have any of your watches transformed themselves like this through a strap change?