Likes Likes:  67
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new Mini Tinkerers Bench

My new Mini Tinkerers Bench

Before I start let me stress that I like to tinker with cheaper watches and I am not skilled with tools (I do own a saw and some watch tools).

When I got into this watch hobby of ours I bought a set of tools in a zipped case in order to change batteries, straps etc.
    I soon started to gain more tools and start changing dials, hands and so on.

The big problem was always table height! Back ache time!

Recently, the zipped case gave up and I started looking for something to keep my tools in.

On the internet I found an A4 paper chest. http://www.creations-by-rod.co.uk/paperchest.html

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  78.1 KB

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  76.9 KB

I added a strip of wood to the top edges to stop rolling parts.

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  83.4 KB

Name:  005.jpg
Views: 245
Size:  91.5 KB

I gave it a coat of stain to make it look less new

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  112.4 KB

and lined the drawers with some self adhesive felt I had

Name:  007.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  105.6 KB

Then I made some dividers

Name:  008.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  111.3 KB

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  129.7 KB

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  124.4 KB

Finally, I added a mat to the top

Name:  011.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  101.1 KB
    There's nothing important to read here.

The result

Name:  012.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  93.3 KB

Super sweet. I am shopping for one now for my bench lathe and that size is perfect. Very nice!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

4. Likes Colin63 liked this post
    Really nice.

6. Likes Colin63 liked this post
    That is very nice and I hadn't thought of a raised box to work on watches but it makes so much sense.

I'll keep this in mind when I eventually do more work on my watches.

8. Likes Colin63 liked this post
    cool I normal work on mine in-front of the p.c. but have got a little wooden box with a draw that sits on the table I got for £1.50 that hold the tools I might need daily then I got a case for the rest you can see it in the back of this shot but your is way cooler errmm bit awkward I don't seem to have the pic lol so a nice sea shot will do haha and as I said well done looks great given me an idea if I see something similar
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

10. Likes Colin63, FuzzyB liked this post
    Neat
    I'm making do with an old PC projector carry case for my tools and a 15" square of leather (cut from a discarded sofa) as a work mat.
    I think I could make one of those.... Given the time I made a case for my pool balls; but, that was before I had children.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

12. Likes Colin63 liked this post
    Well done! A watch bench is definitely handy for tinkering. One of my watchmakers gave me a full-sized watch bench, but it isn't anywhere as cool as the one you made.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

14. Likes Colin63 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Neat
    I'm making do with an old PC projector carry case for my tools and a 15" square of leather (cut from a discarded sofa) as a work mat.
    I think I could make one of those.... Given the time I made a case for my pool balls; but, that was before I had children.
    Children, they do suck the time away, don't they!

16. Likes FuzzyB liked this post

Nice Job my man.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

18. Likes Colin63 liked this post