Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Advertising

Blog Entries

Advertising

From their Facebook post: Congratulations to our ambassador Erik Comas for his second place at the Sanremo Storico rally. Meanwhile, the El Primero Stratos Team finished the race just 2.9 seconds behind the winner.

11060997_833752050030950_5587656624627126298_o.jpg

I am just curious. What kind of activity from a watch company garners your interest? Me, for example, I liked the fact that polo players used JLC Reversos. Got me to buy one even though it has been a hundred years since I road a horse and longer since I played polo. Racing cars has still to grab my attention.

Cheers!

Dan

Advertising

Car-racing has been the domain of Heuer just as Omega has laid claim to space travel. Zenith's elves over in Ponts du Martel were busy designing the El Primero and being grossly out-marketed.

They tried professional free-fallers but that's a pretty narrow audience. And Rolex already owns golf. What's a watch company to do?

How about ski racing? I still remember "Longines" plastered all over winter sports venues shown on ABC Wide World of Sports--a Saturday fixture in my youth. That's probably the only reason I knew of Longines at all until much later.

Rick "thinking rally racing won't get seen much in the wider world" Denney
    More than 500 characters worth of watches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdenney View Post
    ...They tried professional free-fallers but that's a pretty narrow audience. And Rolex already owns golf. What's a watch company to do? ...
    Now that brought out a chortle! Audience of one perhaps? Maybe they should go for the free fall base jumping and perhaps wingsuit flying? More of an audience in that!

Dan