Likes Likes:  34
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Watch site issues that drive you crazy

Watch site issues that drive you crazy

Since we are a lot that likes to keep things that bother us to ourselves, it is now time to air our feelings about things on watch sites that really bother us. No matter how small let's get these off our chest. I'll start with one of my big ones:

I've bought a few watches from AuthenticWatches.com over the years and they are great to deal with. There is one thing that is truly consistent on their site that just drives me crazy and makes me question even buying from them. On every post it applies to it is always a "deployment buckle" and not a 'deployant buckle" as it should be. I've even sent it to them in their feedback link on several occasions over the years and it has never been corrected. God knows I've been a victim on a daily basis of creative rewording by spell checkers but at some point, you would think they would get it right? Please feel free to besiege them with comments to correct this(email link in the upper right corner of the page below). As an example (see the bottom bullet):

https://www.authenticwatches.com/hub...l#.XJzTlBNKiqk

I've been looking at Hublot Classic Fusions lately.
    Last edited by Samanator; Mar 28, 2019 at 08:43 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

2. Likes wschofield3 liked this post
    Jomashop’s website drives me nuts, because its sorting choices are so limited. For example, you can only sort by “price,” which actually just means low to high, you can’t search from high to low. I’ve bought several watches from them and have never had an issue, but it’s a tough site to browse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Likes Samanator, wschofield3 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Jomashop’s website drives me nuts, because its sorting choices are so limited. For example, you can only sort by “price,” which actually just means low to high, you can’t search from high to low.
    This is the most wonderfully first world problem I've ever heard of
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

6. Likes Broker, Samanator, synequano, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    This is the most wonderfully first world problem I've ever heard of
    Oh, I've got better ones.

But TBF, if you're looking for a $500 watch in a brand that has tons of $200 watches, it can be annoying...just sayin.'

8. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    P.S. I think pretty much any problem we would talk about in this thread (and this hobby) would be a first world problem.

10. Likes Samanator, Raza liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    "deployment buckle" and not a 'deployant buckle"
    I think they're interchangeable. Pretty sure in the UK we mainly say deployment?

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    P.S. I think pretty much any problem we would talk about in this thread (and this hobby) would be a first world problem.
    I know bud just kidding

13. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I know bud just kidding
    No worries, I knew that.

Clinical pics. are annoying , perhaps more so than bad pics. Lack of pics. from all angles, well most.
    Not showing the case back too , let alone movement.
    Lack of dimensions. Obviously incorrect dimensions where trust to luck/judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Lack of dimensions.
    ^^^^this. Especially egregious when it’s the manufacturer. Thickness in particular I guess is supposed to be a great mystery to all.