Likes Likes:  59
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **** Vintage Seiko- And others from the 1970's/80's ****

**** Vintage Seiko- And others from the 1970's/80's ****

Well was thinking love me a old vintage watches both quartz and mech plus the odd hybrids too but we never get to see them much mean for me got three lord quartz and an old 7000 I think it is.

But am guessing got to be more out their know I have seen some old grand quartz and a king quartz ? on here so been looking at some tat lots for some thing to tinker with as I fancy a few more.

These three I had as a tat lot and I cleaned and repaired them, even mange to source a bracelet for the best one that was the right type and age.

So what have you got ??

As always Ismy
    Last edited by is that my watch; Mar 28, 2019 at 05:02 PM.
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

**** Vintage Seiko ****

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    Well was thinking love me a old vintage watches both quartz and mech plus the odd hybrids too but we never get to see them much mean for me got three lord quartz and an old 7000 I think it is.
    But am guessing got to be more out their know I have seen some old grand quartz and a king quartz ? on here so been looking at some tat lots for some thing to tinker with as I fancy a few more.

These three I had as a tat lot and I cleaned and repaired them, even mange to source a bracelet for the best one that was the right type and age.

So what have you got ??

As always Ismy
    Not Seiko, but the case containing your very handsome, newly refurbished Lord Quartz strongly brings to mind this favorite from my own collection. Vintage 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Nerd View Post
    Not Seiko, but the case containing your very handsome, newly refurbished Lord Quartz strongly brings to mind this favorite from my own collection. Vintage 1976.

nice thought about one of those but their are some many types versions some right called some wrongly ..but ant got round to doing enough research so I know which is which ..but thats a nice one

oh and broaden the title so it is now relevant
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

4. Likes Mystic Nerd liked this post

I’m between my next 6139-6002 (Progue). I must have had six or seven now yet I still keep buying them. Problem is I get one, it’s not at all like the pictures indicated so I restore it then sell it a month later. I still keep hoping for one with a case in better condition. So I have nothing. Only vintage in the box is Dads Zodiac.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

6. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Seiko Worldtimer 1964 Olympics

My recently departed Pogue

Blog Entries
    '73 GS

1989 quartz moonie

And one from the mid-80s that my wife still wears. Are we vintage yet?

Name:  SeikoQuartzAnaDigi-Dxc.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  94.1 KB
    Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Here’s what I currently have

Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum ¦ ​Tudor Pelagos ¦ ​Grand Seiko SBGA011

Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    I’m between my next 6139-6002 (Progue). I must have had six or seven now yet I still keep buying them. Problem is I get one, it’s not at all like the pictures indicated so I restore it then sell it a month later. I still keep hoping for one with a case in better condition. So I have nothing. Only vintage in the box is Dads Zodiac.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    yeah one's on my list but so hard to spot a good one from a frank or worse plus thiers only one pogue but the right colour combo triples the value it seems
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by stewham View Post
    Here’s what I currently have

some nice ones there looking for a pogue as I said in my post above plus looking looking at some quartz grand seikos and king seikos plus some old quartz rados really in to the hybrid stuff at the minute
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes stewham liked this post

I just notices the "And others" in the title so I do have Dad's Zodiac:

Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!