Likes Likes:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Review and pictures of the new Zenith El Primero Chronograph Classic

  1. #1

    Review and pictures of the new Zenith El Primero Chronograph Classic

    I love this one. Gorgeous, simple, lovely. Maybe someday...because I'd want it in gold...

    http://monochrome-watches.com/hands-...classic-price/

  2. #2
    Zenith & Vintage Mod Dan R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    2,005
    Blog Entries
    9
    Indeed, that is a gorgeous watch. My dear friend Hartmut never did like the spacing of the sub-dials. I'd own one if I had the scratch.

    Thanks for the post,

    Dan

  3. Likes mlcor liked this post
  4. #3
    11mm thick for an automatic chrono

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    11mm thick for an automatic chrono
    I know. Nice...

  6. #5
    Zenith & Vintage Mod Dan R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    2,005
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    11mm thick for an automatic chrono
    Thickness is a relative term to me.

    From my previous life elsewhere, I always pushed wearing what makes you smile. I have an Oris Regulateur that is thicker than that and only an auto. I love wearing the watch even if it is big for my wrist.

    So yes, it is not a thin watch, but if you want to enjoy it, please do so.

    Dan

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan R View Post
    Thickness is a relative term to me.

    From my previous life elsewhere, I always pushed wearing what makes you smile. I have an Oris Regulateur that is thicker than that and only an auto. I love wearing the watch even if it is big for my wrist.

    So yes, it is not a thin watch, but if you want to enjoy it, please do so.

    Dan
    I think you've read Der Amf's comment backwards--like me, I think he's praising it as quite thin for a chrono, not saying it's thick...

  8. Likes Der Amf liked this post
  9. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    I think you've read Der Amf's comment backwards--like me, I think he's praising it as quite thin for a chrono, not saying it's thick...
    Indeed. For example, for comparison, I just looked up the thickness of a chrono that had once caught my eye, the Breitling Transocean Chronograph 38: 14.25mm

  10. #8
    Zenith & Vintage Mod Dan R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    2,005
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Indeed. For example, for comparison, I just looked up the thickness of a chrono that had once caught my eye, the Breitling Transocean Chronograph 38: 14.25mm

    Ah yes, apologies. You know how it is after a day at the office and before the first martini takes hold. Things look different then.

    Thanks!

    Dan

  11. Likes Der Amf, mlcor liked this post
  12. #9
    do people still drink martini's

  13. #10
    Zenith & Vintage Mod Dan R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Roswell, GA
    Posts
    2,005
    Blog Entries
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    do people still drink martini's
    LOL! Well, I do!



    Dan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us
We are an independent and wide-ranging forum for watch enthusiasts. From mainspring to microchip, from Europe to Asia, from micro-brand to boutique - we cover it all. Novice or expert, we want you to feel at home. Whether it's asking a simple question or contributing to the fund of horological knowledge, it's all the same hobby. Or, if you like, you can just show us a picture of your new watch. We'll provide the welcoming and courteous environment, the rest is up to you!
Join us