In a watch that was — surprisingly — not shown to media at the brand’s recent townhouse events, Bremont has added to their ‘tested beyond endurance’ tagline with a new strap option for their Supermarine family.* Details around the strap are scarce, but the press release describes how, in the event of a marine mishap, a simple pull of a ripcord causes the rubber strap to inflate, like a life cuff, improving your buoyancy, and the chances of the watch surviving the mishap unharmed.* No official word on who Bremont worked with in the development of this technology, but given the brand’s close working relationship with a range of aviation partners, I have no doubt they’re well connected in the marine safety sector. However, I suspect that the technology is proprietary to Bremont.* Also unclear is whether this innovative strap will be offered on other timepieces, or for purchase separately. For one, I would love to see this offered across their marine releases.*

The post INTRODUCING: Bremont’s Supermarine 500 now offered on innovative inflatable strap appeared first on Time and Tide Watches.

More...