Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Straps on a g-shock?

Straps on a g-shock?

I'm looking at getting a full metal g-shock since they're quite unique.
    I was planning to get the gold one, but the all black was a lot more appealing in the flesh.

https://www.gshock.com/watches/digital/gmwb5000gd-1

However, the end links on the metal bracelet are too wide for me, so I'd need to wear it on some sort of strap.
    G-Shock does offer a resin strap along with the metal bracelet, but I'm pretty sure I'd need a short strap or something custom to make it more comfortable.

So...what strap options are available for g-shocks?

Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    I'm looking at getting a full metal g-shock since they're quite unique.
    I was planning to get the gold one, but the all black was a lot more appealing in the flesh.

https://www.gshock.com/watches/digital/gmwb5000gd-1

However, the end links on the metal bracelet are too wide for me, so I'd need to wear it on some sort of strap.
    G-Shock does offer a resin strap along with the metal bracelet, but I'm pretty sure I'd need a short strap or something custom to make it more comfortable.

So...what strap options are available for g-shocks?

well for about £20 you can get adopters and then use nato's

for example

their are different types too
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

3. Likes Greg, ck1109, Sedi liked this post

Natos are quite interesting....

But does anyone make resin straps (or other materials) for g-shocks in short length?

Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    Natos are quite interesting....

But does anyone make resin straps (or other materials) for g-shocks in short length?
    can't think of one off the top of my head but with in reason you could modify any one you wanted to fit .. did see somewhere one that had a leather strap cut and modified to fit ...

to my understanding the straps was designed to be strong long lasting and water proof so that is what a g shock is so think to the large thats all you get
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

The resin straps are pretty easy to shorten. Cut a little off the end and touch it up with fine sandpaper. Looks great and fits better.

that metal square G use proprietary lug that is different than the ordinary square G resin ...
    i've seen some pictures in instagram where the plastic end lug broke..
    you should be able to order from casio.. i've heard that is about $100..
    goodluck CK..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap