Likes Likes:  4

Thread: **** Ingersoll 1950's pocket watch ****

**** Ingersoll 1950's pocket watch ****

Name:  DSCF2700.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  159.0 KB

Well am clearing out my bits box so this is going been trying to get it working not worked on many pw , so sort have it going now runs lovely and holds great time face down. but as soon as you turn it face up stops so something to do with the hair spring ,

Name:  DSCF2705.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  71.9 KBName:  DSCF2703.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  119.9 KB

but as it is a quite common 74 i could buy one beat up working for the spring I have tried to reset the one in it to no avail but as it really don't speak to me not early enough or pretty enough mean good solid working watch but it's all business and you do see a lot of them around. this one from the great Britain time before they moved to usa ? ,

Which means it's going but thought you guys might like a look first

As always ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Dan R liked this post
    Maybe a damaged or slightly bent pivot on the balance staff? I own a few PW’s, like working on them as the parts are nice and big! Never take them out of the house though, I’m purely a wristwatch guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    Maybe a damaged or slightly bent pivot on the balance staff? I own a few PW’s, like working on them as the parts are nice and big! Never take them out of the house though, I’m purely a wristwatch guy.

yeah it's either the pallet pin is damage or the balance staff is bent as you say or the pinion is snapped or the jewelled is damage or hair spring cog is bent so a new one would fix most of that apart from the pallet or the jewelled but just not worth the cost to repair it really sadly as they are quite common the cal 74 is one of the most used in the smiths and the ingersoll but it just not worth it to me as not sure how I came by it, had it for years not working and have no sentimental attachment to it .

but could be a good candidate for some one with one needed parts. how may have one that does so it's on the bay now ...

I got a few some working I fixed a smiths think it even had this movement in it that had more appeal got a few Russian pw well had that I converted to watches and a family piece none working and a mini pocket watch and several other .... and looking for an early 1800 key work fob watch too
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

5. Likes Dan R liked this post
    Some real beauties there. Mine are mostly cheap pieces that I bought to practice on, but my neighbour gave me this one which is special to me.

Can’t believe I haven’t got a dial shot since I cleaned it up and serviced the movement!

7. Likes Dan R liked this post
    Some real beauties there. Mine are mostly cheap pieces that I bought to practice on, but my neighbour gave me this one which is special to me.

Can’t believe I haven’t got a dial shot since I cleaned it up and serviced the movement!

is that a 1629 in a dennisons case got to be mid 1920's ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    is that a 1629 in a dennisons case got to be mid 1920's ?
    That’s my guess. I’ve got half an eye out for a silver Dennison to house it in as someone has gold tested this one and ruined it and I think silver would suit it better anyway. I gave it a service and it runs like a top now. But as I say, I don’t use a PW in anger, just wristwatches.

That’s my guess. I’ve got half an eye out for a silver Dennison to house it in as someone has gold tested this one and ruined it and I think silver would suit it better anyway. I gave it a service and it runs like a top now. But as I say, I don’t use a PW in anger, just wristwatches.

yeah use my conversions out and I use to use a p.w at times when it was easier to use then to wear a wristwatch
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes Pip liked this post