Likes Likes:  282
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Saturday - 6 April 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post

I'm not done with my champagne thread yet! No teasing!
    (But something is brewing, something is brewing...)

I know what you mean. Is it the 42mm Pioneer?
    Yes, it is. The watch is a bit bulky and the legibility not so good. I'm not sure 'champagne' defines perfectly the colour of the dial - anyway, not a champagne I would drink.

Steinhart Ocean Vintage GMT.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    I am wearing a Citizen AT8125. Had one before and sold it at a huge loss. So this one came up on eBay for even less than I sold mine. It was advertised as "new with defects, not working". It only needed a little sun to wake up - ten minutes were enough and after about an hour it had synced and was ready to wear. Price was way less than half MSRP. Bargain of the year so far.
    Congrats, Sedi. Citizen offers some very solid choices.

4. Likes Sedi, Dynamite_Kid19, Yankeexpress, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Congrats, Sedi. Citizen offers some very solid choices.
    Thanks . Indeed they do. Next to Casio, my favorite brand of quartz watches. And I like that they mostly use sapphire crystals on their radio controlled models. Scratched more than one crystal of my Casios .
    Cheers, Sedi

6. Likes CFR, iyonk liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Yes, it is. The watch is a bit bulky and the legibility not so good. I'm not sure 'champagne' defines perfectly the colour of the dial - anyway, not a champagne I would drink.
    No, it doesn't, but...

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    To elaborate on the dial colour. This Hamilton champagne is pretty much spot on: silverish sunburst with a tint of warmth. I might want to go a little bit darker (eg salmon), but not lighter (eg cream or beige, unless the texture could mitigate that lightness with shades). To give you an example, I'd happily take a shot at SARB037 if I found one, but I find SARB035 too light. Then again, some colours described as copper or bronze might fit the bill... I want something that will look light against my skin but won't flash up my wrist, if that makes sense.
    Since then I've figured that cream/beige I could actually accept and, while my sight and colour recognition are screwed up, my first instinct would be to call your dial cream. Sorry for mental shortcuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Swap.
    Name:  20190406_155528-768x768.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  158.3 KB
    Show-off.

9. Likes Greg, CFR, Dynamite_Kid19, stew77, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    Wow - nice! Unique design without "trying too hard" - love it!
    I am wearing a Citizen AT8125. Had one before and sold it at a huge loss. So this one came up on eBay for even less than I sold mine. It was advertised as "new with defects, not working". It only needed a little sun to wake up - ten minutes were enough and after about an hour it had synced and was ready to wear. Price was way less than half MSRP. Bargain of the year so far.
    Thanks Sedi! You nailed it with your comment on the Bluering IMO...unique design without trying to hard is one of the attributes I like most with this one.

Congrats on the "new" citizen arrival. Great looking piece and always fun to catch one that your previously let go, and at a great bargain no less! Enjoy this one!
    Cheers,

Chris

11. Likes Sedi, iyonk liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Hate ?...... hate ?

I’ve only had this variant for two weeks, no wonder I want to wear it
    I'd have a hard time taking off my wrist, too!
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.