Likes Likes:  23
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An entirely new watch mechanism!

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    The capacitive value, nor even the voltage has been specified, other than there is a capacitor I know nothing more on this watch design.

All I’ve seen on it is ‘we have this cool watch, this bit spins and the hands turn round.’

To choose a chemistry one needs to know at least the voltage, the capacitive value and the size constraints inside the watch casing.
    I bet any half-decent 100,000uF/100V properly charged would do a wonderful job...on the wrist
    Last edited by CFR; Apr 7, 2019 at 05:55 PM.

2. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I bet any half-decent 100,000uF/100V would do a wonderful job...on the wrist
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

It would be a new jumping hours, minutes, seconds, case, crystal and everything else. The Big Bang - the ultimate complication.
    Last edited by CFR; Apr 7, 2019 at 06:00 PM.

5. Likes Seriously, hayday liked this post
    Two presses on the crown in quick succession shorting the terminals
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

7. Likes CFR liked this post
    “Pay attention Bond...”

9. Likes Seriously, CFR liked this post
    Two presses on the crown in quick succession shorting the terminals
    Would love to see that.

11. Likes Seriously liked this post