Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **** Top 10 Vintage affordable Seiko - Part Two ****

well the ladies seiko arrived .. guess the seller was not happy I won it for £1.99 paid more for the postage. it was just dump unwrapped in a padded envelope ..

so have took the bracelet of clean and repaired it , it's not the original seiko but see a nice early decent looking one , have found a crown for it and it winds and sets but is running 20 mins slow so far and the movement feels loose in the case so guess I got to open it and regulate it and secure it .
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes Pip liked this post
    well think am going to flip it as I ant got the right crown in my tat box and I thought I had a box of ss and brass crown but can I find that either plus it sits funny in the case feels loose but suppose that could be just a loud fly wheel maybe and needs regulating so yeah think a quick flip . I have got it from a none working dirty scratched up broken bracelet watch to some thing that looks really nice . so yeah think some one will give it a service it needs now maybe ..

Name:  DSCF2981.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  108.1 KBName:  DSCF2982.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  106.8 KB
    Name:  DSCF2988.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  75.4 KBName:  DSCF2991.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  70.4 KBName:  DSCF2993.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  67.7 KB

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

4. Likes Pip liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by is that my watch View Post
    thanks mate had maybe a bit of luck for a change

I got a ralco too looks fair con bit of water damage / or the clear varnished dial is pealing maybe or could be dirt (yes they say it's had a new crystal so guessing dirt /damp like on my old smiths where it sat in a draw for years crystal less ) but it looks sorta right think if not their it would not have spike my interest and the price may have been higher so yes got three tat lots.

1 set of two seikos one quartz one mech
    2 one special seiko ..
    3 the ralco lot ..

the specials here
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes Pip, DJW GB liked this post
    the specials here
    That looks cool! I’d love to see this with a new crystal. LM is such a great range, this model is new to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

8. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    That looks cool! I’d love to see this with a new crystal. LM is such a great range, this model is new to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    yeah it's a 5606 - 5110 and got the paper from new with it bought 17/dec/ 1973 it seems ,

here the sellers pic

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

10. Likes Pip liked this post
    think it came none bevelled maybe as most I see have the same crystal ..got a few very minor scratches to the crystal most polished out but a few are still see-able at the right angle
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

12. Likes Pip liked this post
    yeah it's a 5606 - 5110 and got the paper from new with it bought 17/dec/ 1973 it seems ,

here the sellers pic

That is way cool. So an August ‘72 watch that Mrs Darnborough bought for someone as a Xmas present in Dec’73 I guess. So great to have all the paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    That is way cool. So an August ‘72 watch that Mrs Darnborough bought for someone as a Xmas present in Dec’73 I guess. So great to have all the paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    yes seems bought in Hong Kong in 73 from new so as you say made in guessing 72/73 as it was bought as you say as a possible Christmas present
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy