Here’s something very cool that Seiko Prospex nerds, fans of Japanese anime and hypebeasts in general can collectively geek out over.

If that’s you - arm yourselves with some clean undies, plenty of tissues and a brown paper bag; I anticipate some possible pants wetting, much drooling and a little hyperventilation will ensue.

Introducing the Seiko Prospex Professional Divers 1000M x Mobile Suit Gundam 40th Anniversary watches AKA The Gundam Tunas ref. SBDX027 (green) and SBDX029 (red).

The watches get two striking new colorways; SBDX027 with its military green shrouding, dial and diver’s strap and

SBDX029 with its military-esque maroon dial and strap and gloss black shrouding. Both watches get contrasting black steel case components.

Special features include: mil-style stenciled 1000M depth-rating text on dial, colored and engraved case-shrouding,

color-coded rubber driver’s straps with printed logos, case-backs with LE# / 1000 pieces (of each) plus special “MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM 40th Anniversary” engraving.

Basic spec. includes: H53.5mm x W52.4mm x D17.2mm cases with 1000m of water resistance, SAT diving suitable, Sapphire crystals and 26 jewel, Seiko 8L35 automatic calibers with 50hrs of power-reserve.

The watches are delivered in special colored leatherette presentation boxes. They have a Japanese MSRP is 400,000 JPY+TAX.

Thoughts? Toyish, childish, geeky yet ultimately cool. I would never buy one but I do appreciate them and if I was ever lucky enough to wear one I’d rock the sh!t out of it. What do you think?

More...