It’s Art, worse, it’s Conceptual Art, but It’s bloody amazing.

https://www.turnercontemporary.org/exhibitions/katie-paterson-and-jmw-turner

It’s all about deep time and big space and innocuous displays that explode in your imagination: a long necklace hanging suspended in space. Cool, but meh - and then you read that each bead is from a fossil from the earliest moments of life to the latest fossils that aren’t just bones. A sudden shift of perspective.

A spinning platter five feet across with a smear of dark, light and colour, moving too fast to see. The bumph explains that the artist chased experts for the average colours and shades of the universe from the Big Bang to now. There’s proper physics behind the colours and it’s all there and explained. Then it’s whirled too fast to see.

Or the piano playing the moonlight sonata with odd rests and twists - made by translating the sonata into morse, firing it at the moon and retranslating the signal that bounced back. Then playing it on on a self playing piano.

I could go on, but no, you must go to this show - it’s beautiful, deep, whimsical and bloody clever, with satisfyingly proper science behind art that leaves you stunned and thoughtful.

I have pictures, but they just don’t do it justice.

Just go. If you can, trust me, just go. Those who know me know I do a lot of art, theatre and that sort of thing. This is special, and for WIS it’s uniquely wonderful.

Go, go for the full moon, because they will be lighting the candle...